Sluggy's funeral

Will you be attending Angela Barber's cremation in Darlington on Tuesday 19 November

• Cremation only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wake only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Walkings an issue for me as I'm a semi cripple but I'll have the car and will have a look at what's on offer.

To be honest, the Premier Inn restaurants have good no-frills nosh. I think this one has a Beefeater. It'll be adequate enough.
Yes it does, and I’ve eaten there. It’s fine. but there is better about.

Walkings an issue for me as I'm a semi cripple but I'll have the car and will have a look at what's on offer.

To be honest, the Premier Inn restaurants have good no-frills nosh. I think this one has a Beefeater. It'll be adequate enough.
Take 3T’s advice, go to the old farmhouse, but either sit by the fire or take a warm coat!!!

Ritch

LE
Take 3T’s advice, go to the old farmhouse, but either sit by the fire or take a warm coat!!!
I think I will. I'm definitely one for respecting local knowledge when it comes to recommendations about food.

I would also say anyone else is welcome to join me for dinner but I imagine you'll all be trollied by then. ;)

And don’t eat the parmo’s, heart attack stuff!!!

I can't be there, flying out on Tuesday to Mexico via Houston. I'm sure she'd approve and would've make some smart arse comment about a waste of extra leg room. Please pass on my regards to the family and all assembled, I'll bang a few tequilas down my neck to wish her a safe journey to her next adventure.

I've said yes to attending, I'll have a few soft drinks at the wake as I'll be driving home afterwards. I'll be the deviant santa lookalike with the limp. ;)

_Chimurenga_

LE
Gallery Guru
Mrs phantom and I will be driving up from the sunny delights of the south coast on Tuesday, to attend possibly with me dressed as a unicorn as per a pact sluggy and I had.

You should find another volunteer to dress as a unicorn then the two of you can pull her remains around on a gun carriage.

If you can't find a gun carriage then maybe .... @dingerr ?

roninxix

War Hero
I work at Rockcliffe Hall hotel, a 5 star hotel, so if I can be of assistance with friends and family rates, I can, 90 squids per night. 4 miles from Darlo.

I promise not to gob in your breakfast if you order it.
You’re letting Arrsers stay at Rockcliffe? Well that’ll be that place f ucked then.

roninxix

War Hero
Sadly, despite living close by, I cannot attend due to being in the worlds party capital. No lightning fags off the furnace.

I've been trying to put off a regular trip to Poland (work) but it appears I can't, I will be sending a private letter via another user (who very kindly offered me the chance to do so, thank you, you know who you are) for her family, Ang knew I often flew to Eastern Europe for work commitments so I'm sure she'd understand, I will have a 2 minute silence in her memory at 14.45hrs 19/11 and raise a glass (maybe more) in her lovely memory.

Sorry I can't be there Ang xxx

I wish I could but am 3000 miles away across a really big puddle.
Amazing lady she was.

_Chimurenga_

LE
Gallery Guru
Is it too soon to discuss auctioning her things?

When I met her at JJH's ranch in Georgia back in Summer 2012, I gave her my vintage 1980s Pittsburgh Penguins jacket (similar below) as a gift as I had long outgrown it.

If someone could contact her brother to retrieve it and then auction it off here on ARRSE to benefit the RNLI?

1573536119208.png

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'll be driving down from Central Scotland on the morning. I will be at the cremation and I'll pop into the wake, but only for a short while. I will be missing the launch day of an exhibition in which my work features, so really need to get back to Scotland ASAP.

I will be resplendent with my Mr Potato-Head pin...

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
MRU. Please send my condolences.

My Premier Inn continental breakfast is looking bleaker by the second.
I'm reading this sat in the Hilton (Northampton) . I laugh at your premier Inn breakfast. (Normally I have to stay in premier Inn for work, so I feel your pain)

Anyway, I'm here all week, try the freshly made to order omelettes... Oh you can't. You'll be in the premier Inn...

Ĺ
I can't be there, flying out on Tuesday to Mexico via Houston. I'm sure she'd approve and would've make some smart arse comment about a waste of extra leg room. Please pass on my regards to the family and all assembled, I'll bang a few tequilas down my neck to wish her a safe journey to her next adventure.

Still smuggling drugs in the secret compartment in your peg leg

Latest Threads