Sluggy's funeral

Will you be attending Angela Barber's cremation in Darlington on Tuesday 19 November

• Cremation only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wake only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
50 is way too f**ing young to go
I was 11 when cancer took my father at 54. To the 11year old me, he was an old man. To the 64year old me, the 50year old Sluggy was a young woman. Perspective can be a funny thing.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Let me know how it goes guys, I really regret that I cannot get there despite being so close.

I will be toasting her life with a couple of glasses of 'Oeil de Perdrix', a Swiss rosé from just down the hill.
Particularly apt as the name derives from the perceived colour of a female partridge or grouse's eye à l'agonie (just before death).
I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Although I had planned to drive down today for Her Slugness' funeral, I have a number of media interviews today that cannot be moved.

Her Slugness was always interested in and very supportive of my work. I had regular messages from her as I published photos (both here and on FB) telling me how much she enjoyed them, and giving me ideas for other projects. I feel that she would rather I attended today's launch of the exhibition in which my work is featured, and the attending press interest that has been generated. I will take a few moments to pay my own respects in my own way this afternoon.

AdminVortex and I have just pitched up in Darlo, are we meeting before the Crem?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Goaty and I are at the station collecting supermatelot. With an hour and a half to go I'm tempted to go straight to the crem. Or go back to the bar at the premier Inn. Wait 5

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
We have supermatelot. We'll chill for 5 and head to the crem. We've heard Bravo bravo and Jarrod will be at the crem about 1410

RABC

LE
Please raise a glass for Sluggy. Never met her but enjoyed her posts - especially when she was shredding someone.

I was 11 when cancer took my father at 54. To the 11year old me, he was an old man. To the 64year old me, the 50year old Sluggy was a young woman. Perspective can be a funny thing.
I sympathise. Mine was also 54 when his brain tumour won, but I'd got as far as 27. Ma went the next year, not a fun twelve months.