Sluggy's funeral

Will you be attending Angela Barber's cremation in Darlington on Tuesday 19 November

• Cremation only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wake only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toppet

War Hero
Could someone please explain to me this Dianaesque outpouring of grief and worship over someone I'd imagine the vast majority of people never knew existed outside of an internet forum and this is a genuine question?
I kind of get what you mean. With my old account, I'd exchanged a few PMs with her, nothing more.

On hearing the news, I thought "oh, that's sad" but not much more, as I didn't know her as any more than an amusing poster on here. I would find it odd if there were anyone on here who had interacted with her to the same amount as I had and were wailing and bleating about her passing. Much like when a public figure dies, with whom most have had zero meaningful interaction.

However, there are plenty on here who either know her in the flesh, or have interacted with her lots in the decade plus since she joined this site. I guess they're a bit upset that a friend has died.

Thought I would post this here.
I heard from JumpinJarhead today. Unlike many he actually met her and a few years ago she stayed with JJH and his wife when she visited the US.
JumpinJarhead knows how much she loved dogs and had made donations in her memory to two "no kill" animal shelters in Georgia. A very good cause as "no kill" shelters are rare in the southern US states. I think Angela would approve as she knew JJH's pack of rescued dogs.

_Chimurenga_

LE
Gallery Guru
Thought I would post this here.
I heard from JumpinJarhead today. Unlike many he actually met her and a few years ago she stayed with JJH and his wife when she visited the US.
JumpinJarhead knows how much she loved dogs and had made donations in her memory to two "no kill" animal shelters in Georgia. A very good cause as "no kill" shelters are rare in the southern US states. I think Angela would approve as she knew JJH's pack of rescued dogs.
It was in July 2013 and I was staying at Wycliffe Hall in Oxford that I last spoke to Ang on the phone.

In fact, I crank called her that evening and pretended to be one of JJH's rescue dogs.

It went something like ...

ring ring

"Hello?"

"Woof woof woof. Wis is Rusty, I wuv woo. Woof woof woof"

click

1573955754729.png

Some here have talked about getting calls from Angela at 2AM.
I never ever got a call at 0200. When she called it was usually 8PM of 9PM

Of course I do live on the east coast of the United States which might explain that.

Sorry I can't attend - those going please pass on my condolences. I've had a few middle of the night "chats" with Ang. Plus we've exchanged tiaras .... X

Some here have talked about getting calls from Angela at 2AM.
I never ever got a call at 0200. When she called it was usually 8PM of 9PM

Of course I do live on the east coast of the United States which might explain that.

Don't rise to the bait, just report him. If the board moderators agree with you - he disappears.
He'll disappear alright, I'm the official keeper of slugsy's face-slicing kit.

Ritch

LE
He'll disappear alright, I'm the official keeper of slugsy's face-slicing kit.
If on the off-chance he does actually turn up, can someone put together a kneecapping squad?

Ritch

LE
Well, I'd have been there but it's surgery for my hound tomorrow.

Latest Threads