Sluggy goes for P Company training and nearly karks it on her first jump

Faker! The Slugster is no 80 year old pensioner! She's a svelte 60 if a day... ;-) :p

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Well, it's Friday isn't it, and I fancied a larrrf...
Did you so and how lovely. To be sure it is a lovely evening and if you look to the treeline you may see a Red Kite breezing on the thermals. Possibly a Buzzard. Have you come far? Gosh, it is quiet out here. In the country. Sort of peaceful, don't you find?

Gareth Williams fancied a laugh. With my sister. In a wine bar down Pimlico way. They found him dead. He had locked himself into a sports bag.

My sister likes sports. And she usually carries a bag.

Fucking watch it.

Did you so and how lovely. To be sure it is a lovely evening and if you look to the treeline you may see a Red Kite breezing on the thermals. Possibly a Buzzard. Have you come far? Gosh, it is quiet out here. In the country. Sort of peaceful, don't you find?

Gareth Williams fancied a laugh. With my sister. In a wine bar down Pimlico way. They found him dead. He had locked himself into a sports bag.

My sister likes sports. And she usually carries a bag.

Fucking watch it.
Yet another painful example of the perils of all day-drinking in the sun....

I thought you were her Dad...

On a completely unrelated note, this cold beer is lovely, hits the spot a treat whilst I'm jotting down my last will, etc.
Just stay out of the Spyral Bar - that'll probably the one in Vox Cross that TID's sister hangs out in. Mind you it's a good place to find a free laptop.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Shouldn't you be lurking in a transit van disguised as painter & decorator waiting for a Government Minister to emerge from his Love Shack? It's not like they are going to grass themselves up, is it?

Be about it.

Shouldn't you be lurking in a transit van disguised as painter & decorator waiting for a Government Minister to emerge from his Love Shack? It's not like they are going to grass themselves up, is it?

Be about it.
The only one worth watching at the moment has already headed home to South West Surrey - I'm buggered if I'm going to struggle down the M3 in the camera truck. Besides he is doing a good enough job on his own.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
It does make you wonder why parachuting is considered an elite activity by certain elements of the British Army.

I have a mucker at Deland who does the occasional tandem if there is no AFF to be had. He reckons the worst ones are the blokes who get shitfaced to build up the courage to go tandem then they puke their ring on the way down..........and it all slipstreams backwards to the tandem master.

I've seen one refusal to go. That was, of all things, a Spanish para at a DZ just outside of Madrid.

I have a mucker at Deland who does the occasional tandem if there is no AFF to be had. He reckons the worst ones are the blokes who get shitfaced to build up the courage to go tandem then they puke their ring on the way down..........and it all slipstreams backwards to the tandem master.
Perhaps some kind of HAT would be useful...

In this time of cost cutting I think it would be a good idea to train the Para`s to do tandem combat jumps. Each Para would jump with a light infantryman (weight saving) strapped to him. This way you get twice as many Infantry landing in the drop zone.

She's THEM obviously.

In the pics it looks like all sorts of fasteners were undone. How'd she manage that without the tandem master knowing and then lobbing.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
In this time of cost cutting I think it would be a good idea to train the Para`s to do tandem combat jumps. Each Para would jump with a light infantryman (weight saving) strapped to him. This way you get twice as many Infantry landing in the drop zone.
Well as long as someone has a parachute - otherwise this happens (2 PARA, Ex Eskimo Leap).

Attachments

How about a member of the TA?