Sluggy beats us all

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
Sluggy, you're a cow.
I raised a glass of Shepherd Neame 1698 to you last night, then another.
Then a glass of Mckewans Champion, 2 glasses of Hobgoblin, 2 glasses of Bishops Finger and finally a very large glass of limited edition Penderyn single malt!

I have a bad head.
Lightweight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
To be honest, despite not knowing her personally, I suspect she'd love the fact everyone is sharing their funnier memories, swearing copiously and taking the piss out of eachother in memory of the mad bugger.
It's the only way to remember comrades who've gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awol

LE
It's a measure of the girl that when she found out that I was due to leave hospital with nowhere to go, she said I could go and stay with her. This was when she was obviously very unwell and before she went into hospital herself for what, I think, was the final time.

She said (and I don't think she'd mind me sharing this)...

"The offer is there, you big silly. We can both be poorly together and have food delivered and watch shit films. It;s no biggy xx"

What a lady.

How many of you did she cadge fags off?
When I visited her house I took her a tub of Celebration chocolates. She took me into the kitchen and opened a cupboard to reveal a pile of them, enough to open a chuffing sweet shop.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
When she broke her hip, she asked me to take some trashy magazines, haribo and cigarettes to her in Darlo memorial. She had had surgery after she sent the text message, so she was a bit out of it when I got there. She was funny from the get go. A quick double entendre about fish, then she took her morphine and dozed off. At that point her clunge* was showing, partly because she could not wear pants due to the surgery, and it would have been uncomfortable anyway due to the position she had to stay in after her surgery. So I covered her muff up, only for her to push the sheet away. Repeat this twice and I decided that if she wants to do that then she could. I spent more time talking to her minge than I did to her. She awoke and tried to offer me fish. Again. We then had a good chat about each other and how she was doing, then morphine again.

Second time I visited her in Darlo, she was being examined by a strikingly handsome Indian doctor. Her flirting was 7.2 on the Richter scale. I have never seen someone with eyes that wide with fear, the poor lad. I started to giggle, and after the doc had finished, I went out into the corridor and explained who she was, and what she was like. He was very professional, and accepted my explanation with a straight face. He then went through the next door and broke down laughing. She was then mobile and was much taller than I expected. Of course her mission was for me to help her outside to smoke. The first cigarette went in one inhalation, the other two a little more slowly.

In a nursing/care home in Richmond, she became friends with a lovely old lady with Alzheimers. Although to me, she took the piss out of this old lady, she was very very kind to her. I knew her spirit then, the essential kindness in her.

Also, as a fillip to HelpforHeroes, she was genuinely delighted to receive a parcel of essential stuff from them, very useful and thoughtfully done. I know her brother is in RNLI and any money going to that charity is money well given, but I thought I might point out that H4H made Ang's life bearable at a time when she had nowt. I'm going to send a few bob in that direction. Please consider it.

*I cannot bear to see a donner kebab now

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
It's a measure of the girl that when she found out that I was due to leave hospital with nowhere to go, she said I could go and stay with her. This was when she was obviously very unwell and before she went into hospital herself for what, I think, was the final time.

She said (and I don't think she'd mind me sharing this)...

"The offer is there, you big silly. We can both be poorly together and have food delivered and watch shit films. It;s no biggy xx"

What a lady.
She was very kind and lovely but could be very hard work.

Has anyone info’ed jumpinjarhead yet?

Several people have volunteered, no idea if he's received the message.
Roger, Ta. Maybe one of the posse who went on the range day at his gaff might want to do the honours? I mean, I know that he has flounced off, but the least we can do is let him know.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I only found out today and was reminded of a while back when we chatted about this cancer stuff and stoma bags though it seems I'm the lucky one and Ang wasn't.

I just hope it was relatively peaceful at the end.

RIP Ang. I and many others will miss you though I feel we will all remember you.

Well, it appears that the Turd on Torn that's been harrassing Sluggy for the last few years just outed himself as an Arrser. We already suspected as much, but he's provided evidence now.

https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=1971085#/

So he's clearly reading the thread and still attacking her profile. The sad little shit needs his face cutting off.

Latest Threads