Sluggy beats us all

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
At least she didn't leave you that huge, heavy (ugly) damn dining table.

FML
I'm sure if you cut it up you'll be able to make many things out of it with your lathe.

Or firewood. It'll make good firewood.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ahhh nuts.

I was recipient of several of her 0300 Drunken phone calls back in the day. There again it was my own fault for working nights.

RIP sluggy.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
It's no secret that I was unwell a few years ago following a breakdown. Ang was brilliant. She took my calls (at all hours) when I needed to chat, and would call to check up on me if she hadn't seen or heard from me for a few days. As is becoming very clear, that is her all over. Acerbic, witty, cutting, hilarious, blunt, sharp and yet very empathic and caring when someone really needed it.

It's the good that die young. And by 'eck, she was good.

Sigski

Old-Salt
RIP Beaver mum.

I too made the erm.."mistake" to give out my number and got a few 3am phone calls, however in return you always did check up on me and ask me about my Crohn's and how I was feeling. You also came to me when you were diagnosed with diverticulitis (but swore me to secrecy under threat of having my face sliced off), and even sent me a delivery of Chinese food to my door..and other beaver related presents. Well..getting a bit dusty and that in here so farewell.

You will be missed.

Dredd

LE
Advert on the side bar for the Maddox Gallery - the theme seemed appropriate:

slug.JPG

Just remembered the first time I ran into... or rather was run over by Sluggy. On the first ARRSE crawl way back, whenever it was. Memory says late 2000's?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP Sluggy, this place will not be the same now you have gone.
Like many other I only knew her via this website and was in awe of her quick wit and harsh put downs. The first time I ever got a response off her was a reply to my reply of a photo posted at one of the crawls. I assumed of the two "ladies" in the picture, one was of her highness. Within minutes I was shot down and almost had the feeling of being told off by a Great Aunt. After a few years of posting here and there I eventually got a like from her, such a strange feeling of elation.
For someone to be able to do that via the medium of 1s & 0s, I think that shows what a valued member of this community she was and how she made the site what it is now. She will be a hard act to follow.
BTW. Did anyone get her a pony?
I did actually -

Screenshot_20191109-120032__01.jpg

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Last edited:

Less than 7 quid to go.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
No idea and no idea why she’d think I’d be up.
well you'd have been awake cos your phone had been ringing.

like the rest of us.

Latest Threads