Sluggy beats us all

Once she knew I could do shrunken faces in photoshop I got the occasional request to do somebody so either she or I could take the piss. So it's only fair.

View attachment 428714

I also loved talking to her about cricket and sorting out a dodgy stream when he Sky was on the blink which is not one of those things you would expect. A sad loss.
Resting wiv da angles at belm.org

Sluggy, you're a cow.
I raised a glass of Shepherd Neame 1698 to you last night, then another.
Then a glass of Mckewans Champion, 2 glasses of Hobgoblin, 2 glasses of Bishops Finger and finally a very large glass of limited edition Penderyn single malt!

I have a bad head.

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
watering shoe.jpg

This picture is the one that will always remind me of Sluggy.
I never met her and didn't cross swords with her (too scared to) but enjoyed the put downs she gave to others who were silly enough to do so.
She will be sorely missed and the site will be a poorer place without her.

RIP Sluggy.

RIP Sluggs and condolences to your family and friends,
Always enjoyed her banter and wicked sense of humour on here. She will be sorely missed by many i'm sure.
I take my hat off to her as she was one hell of a battler having all these illnesses and never letting on right to the very end.

RIP.

Again, only knew her through the site but by her actions she was a gem. And she died far too young.

Oh bollocks. RIP lass.

You going next? You’ve not been very well. I’m not buying a new suit. I wear my black 100% Polyester tie issued in 1989 for funerals.
Begone Satan,
I have much to do on this earth before I shuffle off it, or wheel myself off it as it is. The only positive to all this was the snacks I bought her for my visit today, I get to eat myself without having to share.

Begone Satan,
I have much to do on this earth before I shuffle off it, or wheel myself off it as it is. The only positive to all this was the snacks I bought her for my visit today, I get to eat myself without having to share.
Just listen out for the sound of a malfunctioning Clipper lighter and someone muttering about **** answers to Pointless questions.

Then, you'll know the time has come and you are about to get knacked.

Last edited:
And swore everyone to secrecy! Played a blinder there.
Certainly seems like it. A testament to how well regarded she was on here that it* didn't leak out though.

*The news.
Like you and others here I knew several months ago but was sworn to secrecy. Last time we spoke on the phone she avoided all talk about illness other than to say she liked the "lovely drugs" they were giving her.

I think the secrecy bit was sh did not want pity and and "Oh poor sluggy" posts. I did not say anything about her out of respect for her wishes and because we lawyers take confidences seriously.
Plus if I had said anything I would have been inundated in emails in very harsh fonts.

Eight years ago when I had a bit of surgery for a touch of bladder cancer she was very upbeat and encouraging. She also, discussing after effects of the surgery, she told me that I no longer needed to spend lots of money on beer to piss myself (n.b. that side effect, like the cancer, is long gone)

Oddly, last night, pre-news, I was online looking for a ginger Royal Doulton porcelain spaniel to send her. I found spaniels in every colour but ginger.

I hope her brother's fundraising for donations in her memory goes well past his goal.
SHAMELESS BUMP
her brothers RNLI fundraiser page

Angela (Sluggy) would undoubtedly phrase it as:

IF YOU DON'T EXCEED MY BROTHER'S GOAL I WILL KILL THIS KITTEN
BFF3D831-C728-4CD5-8F9D-4CE5701B34C9.jpeg

Sluggy, you're a cow.
I raised a glass of Shepherd Neame 1698 to you last night, then another.
Then a glass of Mckewans Champion, 2 glasses of Hobgoblin, 2 glasses of Bishops Finger and finally a very large glass of limited edition Penderyn single malt!

I have a bad head.
You didn't have much then?

One of the funniest, most cutting posters in the history of Arrse.
I often thought that there should be some sort of pop up box that appears before you post......along the lines of 'What Would Sluggy Say?'
RIP Princess

To be honest, despite not knowing her personally, I suspect she'd love the fact everyone is sharing their funnier memories, swearing copiously and taking the piss out of eachother in memory of the mad bugger.

Thanks, I and I dare say a few others wondered what she looked like.
Only 50, what a shame.
SHe actually looked better than that, I suspect the drugs made her a bit puffy.
She was young, I am old enough to be her dad FFS.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just checked, it's over 9years since she posted me a picture of her gash.

I never succumbed to giving her my number so missed on the phone calls but will never forget the PMs.

Proper remembering will be occurring tomorrow.

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
F'in hell - thought this was a wind up. Had no idea she was so unwell. Seemed UNHINGED right to the end.

RIP.
Fixed that for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there going to be an ARRSE crawl around Darlo/Richmond on the 19th, in her honour?

I was reading another thread and came across this post. You will be sorely missed gal.

View attachment 428729
feck. was doing alright until now

E2A: thanks for screenshot - I'll fablon it for going on the piss and bezzering with....
It'll look dodgy, but be better safer than the real thing

Last edited:

Latest Threads