SLR

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Negligent-Discharge, Nov 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

I thought that would get the old farts' attention.

We were watching a documentary just now about "The Lost Battalion". (Somme 1916).

It showed some Australian lads' remains being buried in the 21st Century. The Aussie firing party did a volley over the graves. I could have sworn they were using SLRs with wooden furniture... or was it FNs. Any clues? N "Pedant" D of Surrey.

2. I got wood, and chromed magazines.

3. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

My first issued SLR had wooden furniture, I did all I could to keep it as long as possible before I got the plastic stocks.
    It just looked so smart and had its own unique smell too.
    I have recorded the program you mentioned and will have a look see, best get my box of tissues handy just in case

• Like Like x 1
  4. I used to polish my SLR wooden furniture lovingly with lavender floor polish. The plastic furniture was an abomination.

5. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

I'm worried about you mate! Is it for tears of joy at seeing an old friend or something more sinister that involves tissues? Knowing you SLR chaps it'll be the latter... (smack!... ouch!)

6. 20050425ran8095516_130.jpg

I'm not sure the chromed mags are an improvement.

7. Sqn 2ic was having a chat a while back, and was reminiscing about 'his' time at RMC - Duntroon. 'Their' previous service weapon (That rifle) had small ball bearings in the magazine for when they did drill (added an accoustic dimension), additionaly, the drill time/cadence at RMC was exagerated to make more impact on the parade ground. Parade ground was all highly polished wood, pretty fucking spetacular.

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Maybe not, but the naval Doris firing it certainly is!

• Like Like x 4
  9. If you've used that lot you should be pushing up fucking daises, Grandad. You are neither young or old, you are the undead and as good a reason as any to sort out the 'zombie war weapons'

• Like Like x 3
  10. A old young guy, or a young old guy. :?:

11. Don't be so fuckin cheeky. The OP is resilient and flexible. Pay obeisance to one who has fired the mighty SLR as opposed to the pipsqueak SA80.

• Like Like x 2
  12. cnut. I fell for it... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. £7.49 was my starting daily rate of pay. Thats 1p less than the minimum NHS hourly rate.