SLR v SA80 the results are in

RaiderBoat

War Hero
E05F9236-CBDA-4DF2-917E-1F16E2AC189A.jpeg

There you are…

Slime

LE
I’ve been seeing this ad for some time, but be aware these gnomes are only 2 inches tall.

This is something the seller conveniently fails to mention, and perhaps wants to dupe buyers into believing these are regular sized gnomes.

I’ve been seeing this ad for some time, but be aware these gnomes are only 2 inches tall.

This is something the seller conveniently fails to mention, and perhaps wants to dupe buyers into believing these are regular sized gnomes.

Now that’s information a bloke can use.....

TamH70

MIA
But not soon enough to have stopped several ARRSErs from wänking themselves to death.

To really excite them they should look at this ad on FB ..

Amusing Army Gnome Statue Wearing Desert Tan Hat and Holding SLR​

1631630485729.png

bugger beaten to it by RaiderBoat but I gave the site they can be obtained!

Last edited:
At least 60 Countries used the FN FAL or one of it's variants back in the day l believe.

Rumour has it that the Viet Cong were more afraid of Australian Troops armed with their FN FAL Rifles than the were of the Americans and their M-16s.

My bold.. I test fired this when we captured some when I was on border patrol with Katanga (now part of DRC), I described it in my thread "Tales of a colonial policeman"
We were only issued with the old .303 SMLE in the Police.
I found it great, accurate & easy to fire rapidly. I wouldn't reccomend the full auto fire as it started climbing up even though one tried to hold it on target and as on semi auto it was much faster than the .303 anyway!

Slime

LE
Time taken to fully clean an SLR for inspection after a fortnight of hard use in adverse conditions?

Time taken to fully clean an SA80 for inspection after a fortnight of hard use in adverse conditions?

100% of bone idle squaddies (that's 98.7% of all squaddies) prefer the SLR...

I test fired this when we captured some when I was on border patrol with Katanga (now part of DRC), I described it in my thread "Tales of a colonial policeman"
We were only issued with the old .303 SMLE in the Police.
I found it great, accurate & easy to fire rapidly. I wouldn't reccomend the full auto fire as it started climbing up even though one tried to hold it on target and as on semi auto it was much faster than the .303 anyway!
Who did you test fire it on?

Or is it in poor taste to ask...

Last edited:

Latest Threads