SLR mags and other kit.

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Biped, May 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I've just got landed with 16 x SLR magazines (one still in the paper wrapper) as well as an SLR banana mag too.

On top of this, I've also got 4 x AR10/M14 (7.62) mags which are very, very similar.

Not to mention old-style de-act's of the following:

MG34 'Flat-top' (belt fed) WW2 Machine Gun

AR-10 7.62 Assault Rifle with integral bipod and scope - rare as hen's teeth - only 20k ever made.

M1 Garand

M14 7.62 with mag - also quite rare.

I'm open to PMs with offers.

2. Fewer than 10k were put together.

3. Wasn't the SLR banana mag just a purloined LMG mag ?

4. We were always told that the mag wouldn't work properly upside down on an SLR as the spring pressure wouldn't push the rounds up. True or false?

5. It works, i used one in competition on an SLR w/o probs.

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, there you have it then - the AR-10 is rarer than rare at that rate.

I have to say - it's the rifle they could have had if they'd had the money to make millions.

7. I had Dutch-made AR-10 A0004. Live. Sold to a Finnish collector for a nice profit.

Politics killed it - it's better than the SLR/FAL, G3 and M14 by far, in almost every regard. The US trials were rigged against it, and the Dutch adopted the FAL in return for the Belgians buying DAF trucks.

Ever wondered what the G2 was (G1 being the FAL & G3 the...erm...G3)? It was the AR-10. Not a lot of people know that.

8. Nah, some Commonwealth countries - Canada, Oz and NZ had a heavy barreled version of the SLR (model C2/L2) mit tripod that used a larger capacity magazine.

9. AT55 - the L2 mags are straight though. Only L4 mags are curved.

10. The ones I used were curved but then again that may be because I was not taking much water with it - hic.