Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Infiltrator, Nov 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got a spare slot on my ticket for a 7.62. Now I often fondly remember my SLR days, and I've been trying for some time to find a straight pull SLR/FN FAL.

Got lots of other rifles, so don't really want a sporter, I just want something for range work and having a blast at Bisley.

I know that the SLR's were either sold overseas or scrapped, and that a converted self loading is not legal over here, but does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find such a think or any alternatives?
  2. Apologies, I know I've mentioned it before but Low Mills ranges at Keekle in Cumbria are having some SLR's made up in .223, should be ready around Christmas, might be worth giving them a bell for info. The weapons are being built up in the states from never been semi auto components and imported. Exchange rate is Flucking the deal up a bit at the moment though.
  3. Yeah, I've seen that video on my many trawls of the web. It's certainly what I'm looking for, bar the poncy sight on the top....

I can find any amount of airsoft stuff, but just no one that seems to know of the real thing.
  4. A few years back there was someone (Cotswold arms? Southern gun company?) Who was doing metric FAL rifles as straight pulls, using Brazilian receivers if I remember correctly. And in the proper calibre, too!
  5. this months edition of GunMart has a freebie booklet with it..inside is a pic of an SLR/FAL copy in straight pull - 8)
  6. Gunmart lists Sabre Defence Industries as a possible supplier of the FN FAL/SLR. Contact on 020 8842 0603.

7. Methinks a trip to WH Smith is in order in the AM.
  8. Yep, Cotswolds were producing semi autos, in straight-pull config. But, their after-sales- support was shi-ite!! Happy to take the money, and that was it...
  9. No Gunmart in Smiths....arrgh! I'll try looking further afield.
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Go through a dealer if you can find one willing to deal with him, he has a reputation! :x
    Guy Savage, some of his rep is unfairly earnt and some is!
  11. Finding one new is very unlikely. I am almost sure they all but sold out years ago
    The second-hand market is slow, but they do appear.

The last I saw was a Congo (carbine FAL) on AirgunBBS several months back IIRC.
    They are your best chance of finding one. Put up a wanted add, and hope for the best.

The genuine 7.62 FALs were made by IMBEL of Brazil, one of the final places to still produce them or was. Apparently some spare parts were knocking about, and so cobbled together for us in what must have been a tiny quantity.

Mind the ejection, it can be dodgy due to the chambers.
    Nice piece of kit though, we have a chap with about three at my club. :roll:

Good luck finding one.
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Get yourself a section 5 RFD!
  13. Interesting website; some of the prices surprise me, especially the LAW 66, I can remember the pad brats of 3 RGJ playing with them in and around the quarters in Celle in 72.