Slr bayonet

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by old_bloke, Dec 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After a good SLR bayonet .

Anybody know of a seller? Google shows a few who had them , all sold as at 1800 today.

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have one, hadnt thought of flogging it but make me a fair offer!
  3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Can get them brand new in wax paper for Euro 50 (plus postage)
  4. where and do they post ?
  5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Check your PM's
  6. Now there's a thought. Would it make a good letter opener as I need one
  7. Yes, I'd like one too
  8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

old-bloke has not answered my PM yet.
    But basically the vendor is a French dealer that seems to have quite a few, he has been flogging them for over a year.
    I can act as a middle man if somebody wants to coordinate the order at the UK end.
    I'm off to Finland in a couple of days, but if we let this thread run for another week to confirm the number of takers, I can then stick an order in.
  9. What sort of price are they going for?
  10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

50 Euros - new in the wax paper, knife, scabbard and scabbard insert all separate, I would have to find out how much postage would be depending on weight.
  11. Presumably importing one for private use is acceptable in the nanny state? Given the poor state if the £v€ I would hate to have my fifty quid letter opener dumped in the channel by HMRC as an offensive weapon
  12. Might as well join in and order one as well.
  13. What is the interest then?
  14. When are you looking at ordering?

15. Hi all , I am up for one too, I can act for the delivery this end ( uk) who has the contact details? I would also not want to lose them to hmcustoms and also not stuck with a great load if I ordered them because people changed their minds, but lets see!