slr article in shooting sports

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by still staggin, Jun 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick one , in the july issue of shooting sports there is an article on the slr , straight pull but still the good old l1a1. suffolk rifle company £2000 or £2450 with suit. showed the boss and she didn't say no, didn't say yes either! Article is written by an ex squaddie so he has a bit of a clue. ok back to the pictures in the mag.
  2. I'm surprised they managed to find a range long enough, with a backstop solid enough, to stop the awesome death bringing 7.62mm super kick-ass round! Especially if it's being fired from the most super-duper most-high-powered rifle ever invented! :roll:
    • Like Like x 4
  3. feck me, here we go again...
  4. its the law..
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Tell me about it! All these threads drooling over a gash, and clearly overpriced, weapon from the dark ages ;)
  6. Ok, I'll bite!

AAAWWWW don't be like thaaat!!!
  7. gone-fishin.jpg.jpeg
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Well if anyone buys one of these things and plans to pop by Bisley sometime, please let me know. I would love to try one again after all these years.

I won't comment on the quality of the SLR, I think it wise I stay out of that particular punch up, mine is a sentimental interest.
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well we are still waiting on Anglo Arms to send us an example for testing!
  10. Mark Bradley at the Southern Gun Company is the only person I know of in the south (ha! Who'd have guessed!) that make them. Fired one down at Bisley too, sweet peices in my opinion. Very smooth and confirming straight pull system. However I'm under the belief he importance them and alters them to order so you may be looking at a fair few pennies if you reeeaaallllyy wanted one.
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Anglo Arms are in Wandsworth, south enough?
  12. Yes, it is the cost thing that stops me. Still, I have no problems if someone else wants to buy one and let me have a go on it. I'll bring my own ammo and there is a pint in it for the owner so not totally on the scrounge :)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Poor PA, feeling all left out of it because you were not a big enough boy to be allowed to play with an SLR? Diddums, off you go and play with your toys rather than throwing them out of the pram.

The title of the thread clearly states it is about SLRs yet you feel compelled to come in and complain about the thread. All you really had to do was ignore it and pass on by - too much of a temptation for you though, wasn't it :)
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Thats telling him. Bloody sprog. Proper rifle, the SLR.
    When you dropped it in water the fecker sank, not like todays plastic toys.
    They'd surely float, bobbing up and down like an unwelcome turd in a jacuzzi.
    That and frigging light sabre thingies. Bah. Humbug I say.
  15. An HBSA member brought his to Bisley earlier this year. It was as though we had never been parted, apart from the lack of the characteristic tinny clang and forgetting to reload after each shot.

On my list for next year. (The Webley Mk.IV and the K98k have spoken for the available funds this year.)