SLR - “Right Arm of the Free World” ?

Shurley that was the Swedes, with the 'Charlie Gutsache' 84.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Contrary to the belief that the SLR was forged by the war god Woden it was in fact designed and built by a bunch of Belgians who looked like Hercule Poirot.

Pulls pin, dives in trench
Soviet propaganda.

Contrary to the belief that the SLR was forged by the war god Woden it was in fact designed and built by a bunch of Belgians who looked like Hercule Poirot.

Pulls pin, dives in trench

3jjocs.jpg

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

warmonger82

Old-Salt
I believe gun jesus used that term at one point during a vid and his fan bois might have picked up on it. Not a common saying at all here.
Nah, that term has been kicking around stateside for a LOOOOONG time.

Gun Jesus uttered the phrase but he didn’t coin the term.

Apologies in advance for reopening the floodgates of misty eyed memories of “that rifle”.

I’ve repeatedly heard the SLR/FAL referred to on American media channels as “The Right Arm of the Free World”.

I’ve always assumed this was one of those “universal” namings out of the US, as it doesn’t really seem to fit the attitude of British (or Commonwealth in my case) militaries. In my experience most things that refer to Freedom have their origins in the US, but I stand to be corrected.

Is it a “title” bestowed by a Soldier of Fortune or similar writer, or was it genuinely known by that moniker by anyone who used it?

LTO
That Rifle, the mighty SLR has always been known as "The Right Arm of the Free World" since it popped up on the internet a few years ago.

Haha, yeah, 'F*****g SMG' was quite popular.
There was a saying going around the blue clad dealers of death that the SMG is the most accident prone, dangerous weapon known to man . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and they issue all of the women with one.

I was never issued one, even as a spell as a Troopies driver, and only handled one on the 25 m range.

Latest Threads