Slowest time for a PFT run

Tried a PFT this morning - last one being 2 years ago. Got 13:27 which is nearly 2 minutes over what I'm allowed. My fastest time was in 1998 when I came in at 9:01.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
I started one in 1992 and am yet to finish it.

phil37 said:
Tried a PFT this morning - last one being 2 years ago. Got 13:27 which is nearly 2 minutes over what I'm allowed. My fastest time was in 1998 when I came in at 9:01.
Saw one young! TA recruit come in at a staggering 15mins :censored:

We have a 3km PFT run, and insane amounts of time to do it in, but the slowest I've seen was an 18 year old girl in my old platoon who 'ran' it in just over 22 and a half minutes.

Slowest I ever did a bft is 12 mins @ Headley Court, didn't stay 12 mins for long. :D

When I did my first ever TA training weekend, a fellow OCdt came in necking with me at 10:22 (yeah, I know, I've got better)... thing is, he only did one lap- and got away with it...

A lad of 19 ran 13:20 tonight. Mine tonight was so sh t it's classified ;) but it was a damn sight faster than him!

righthandmarker said:
re-stilly said:
Slowest I ever did a bft is 12 mins @ Headley Court, didn't stay 12 mins for long. :D
I must admit, 12 mins with no legs does seem a good effort.
Ooooh, nasty. Only 1 broken one, but there was a 9 Para Capt @ 12 RSME who could do 8 mins with one leg and a falsie.

Got my second slowest time this morning - 12:52. An improvement on yesterday's 13:27. I'd like to think that I'm not yet a lost cause.

No mention of the old urban legend this far..........

QSMI PTI to failed BFT candidate "Get a fcuking grip, you've got a week for the next BFT!"
Candidate - " Well thank you very much staff, that's very generous of you. I only get 10 minutes at my unit".

When I went to Pirbright for my initial assessment I did my mile and a half in 13.55, 14 was the pass point.

Unfortunately as it turned out army docsa had other reasons to fail me other than sh1t fitness!

My slowest time ever was around 18 mins in Belize 1987. The paras where there at the time and I ended up doing remedial PT with their PTI. After months of that I could still only manage about 16 mins even though I could stomp through his training including his Ton up Circuit (or whatever he called it).

Left Belize, had about a months leave during which I got married. Went to Cyprus and my initial BFT was aprox 9mins. The humidity (I suspect) in Belize knacked me on anything even slightly endurance related. Sprinting-fine, circuits-fine but anything that required any distance-not fine.

Tartan_Terrier said:
We have a 3km PFT run, and insane amounts of time to do it in, but the slowest I've seen was an 18 year old girl in my old platoon who 'ran' it in just over 22 and a half minutes.
It is impossible to run to get that time... I suspect the fat lazy waste of oxygen needs fragging till her eyes bleed. Not in my day. When I worked the garrison gym - I would have walked into my PT corps man and handed my swords into even to attempt to rehab that.

If she is still in the army there is something wrong. Fat lazy cnut.

It reminds me of guy whom I knew at of one of my old units - he also was a waste of rations. And we knew he was getting the brown envelope - and he gave me his police application to write an assesment on his fitness and send it off for him, as he thought that I would give him a good write up. I said Id help him cleverly. :p

I wrote "this man has problems passing wind let alone any army basic fitness test... My 87 year old grandmother has better strength and endurance when going to empty her colostomy bag down the lav"

The filter application police officer must have spat his tea all over his lap after that ---- :p

bitterandtwisted said:
Tartan_Terrier said:
It is impossible to run to get that time... I suspect the fat lazy waste of oxygen needs fragging till her eyes bleed. Not in my day. When I worked the garrison gym - I would have walked into my PT corps man and handed my swords into even to attempt to rehab that.

It reminds me of guy whom I knew at of one of my old units - he also was a waste of rations. And we knew he was getting the brown envelope - and he gave me his police application to write an assesment on his fitness and send it off for him, as he thought that I would give him a good write up. I said Id help him cleverly. :p

I wrote "this man has problems passing wind let alone any army basic fitness test... My 87 year old grandmother has better strength and endurance when going to empty her colostomy bag down the lav"

The filter application police officer must have spat his tea all over his lap after that ---- :p
I've just spat my tea on my monitor!

bitterandtwisted said:
Tartan_Terrier said:

She 'ran' a bit like Steve Austin (i.e. all the movements, just slowed down). I think she's still in actually, but she may have transferred to a medical unit (she was talking about doing that last time I saw her). My old company commander paid great lip service to the whole PT tests and fitness thing, but wasn't too keen on failure having any consequences for people. He wasn't too keen on counting organised PT as man hours either (seemingly I was only running it out of the goodness of my heart!).

Back in the olden days, I did a 2nd part BFT in 10.35 (in 12 inches of snow) which, along with a bit of conflict with my Troop Sgt, got me chucked out.