• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Slow Roast

Whilst watching TV with Mrs BedIn the other night I saw that odd chef bloke Heston Blumenthal cooking a chicken (the whirl wind of POTL).

He cooked it at 60 degrees C for 4 and a half hours.

I'll be honest, in Iraq I cut about for longer stretches than 4 and a half hours, in Osprey and in a wagon, at well over 50 degrees C. Serve me with roast potatoes and sprouts.

I'd have to deep fry you for a couple of minutes like HB did with the chicken first, but if you are happy with that pop round at about 2:00pm on Christmas day.

I'll have to think about the stuffing. Something with an Arabic theme perhaps.

GwaiLo said:
I'd have to deep fry you for a couple of minutes like HB did with the chicken first, but if you are happy with that pop round at about 2:00pm on Christmas day.

I'll have to think about the stuffing. Something with an Arabic theme perhaps.
Dates, There's plenty in Basra

Latest Threads