Slow ARRSE Pain Relief Suggestion / Best ARRSEPedia Page

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Nov 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I'm well aware that the installation of the promised server is slower than expected and that the site is very frustrating /impossible to use at peak times. I am hoping for a cure within days but I did say that 2 weeks ago. Anyway, my point:

The ARRSEPedia (wiki) runs in a different way from the main site software and will still work fine even during the heaviest site use. Should you really need your 'fix' and the site crashes, please consider registering on the ARRSEPedia (a 10 second job) and contributing. It is also possible to start conversations about the articles (2nd tab above each article).

While we're on the subject, my favourite part, nicely illustrating my intellectual level:

Also good is the random page function.
  2. ARRSEPedia? Never heard of it :lol:

Although my siggy block in 2,000 odd locations on this site should be making others a bit more aware

Personal first stop every time pour moi:

Recent Changes

Nice to see additions to GoodCO's Rations page already this morning.
  3. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

I'd forgotten how funny some of that stuff is.
  4. Ooops.

Tried adding an item to the Rations page and can't seem to get it to go where it belongs. Anyone give me the script to sort it out please?

5. Just trying the same thing. Was hoping to add Pink Death and Carpet burgers
  6. To create a new entry in the wikipedia, edit this url "" and replace the marked text with the name you wish to give your page. Then type away to your hearts content!!

To make it appear on the Rations page as an article, add the following to the top of the page you are creating: