Slotted - Saif Al-Arab (Gaddaffi's Son) Breaking News

Discussion in 'Syria, Mali, Libya, Middle East & North Africa' started by bobthedog, May 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw this too. You'd like to think that it'll bring it home to him that he's not going to win, but no doubt it'll just spur him on to fight to the bitter end. Let's hope the next one gets him.

2. I know that the LSE has toughened up its punishments for plagiarism recently, but surely this is going too far?

3. Unfortunately that was Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi who is still alive and kicking......

4. HA HA HA HA HA HA Ad infinitum

• Like Like x 1
  5. A good start.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Well that's a fairly decisive answer to Gaddafi's proposal for peace talks earlier today!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just a shame Colonel Pizzaface didn't get a face to face with Allah along with his kin

8. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I can't quite bring myself to say 'great news'. What exactly does killing a non-person in the regime achieve?

I never agree with Putin, but he has basically told NATO that they are ******* and are making up their rules as they go along. Which is essentially true. Only an idiot could not see this was going to go on forever if the parameters of the NATO mission were so ill - defined and subject to interpretation. Billy Vague seems unable to say anything that doesn't make himself look stupid, and we all know this whle thing (for us) is only because of our heavy financial involvement in the Oil industry in Libya. What you have is a civil war with an inept and ineffective rebel force who can't do shit on their own, and can't get supplied heavy enough weapns by NATO due to an abundance of handwringers and beauracrats. The longer it goes on the more of a disaster it becomes. Send in the ****ing troops already...

Talking about disasters, can't see anyone giving two hoots about Syria, and things there are a nightmare there. Assad is now (finally, without fear of international involvement) showing the world how to **** your own populace in true dicator style.

Anyway, back to Libya - whats the crack with Muammar naming his kids Saif? Whats that all about?

9. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

It means Sword in Arabic and has a fairly strong tradition in the more Islamic states.

It's worth a quick read up on if you have a spare 5 minutes; having just done so myself! :)

10. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Cheers, I am too busy trying to clear my huge backlog of 'Jihad' -esque books. Given that one of them is entitled 'The Sword of the Prophet', I am surprised I didn't know Said meant 'sword'.

What the hell is the point of naming someone 'sword' when your enemies have (and always will) bigger, better and more precise missiles that you?!

11. Has a Gaddafi a moral right to target children nd grandchildren of the heads of states of the countries that Libya is in the state of war with?

From formal point of view - yes. But what would be a reaction of 'the civilised World'?

12. No proof anyone is dead yet!

13. No point beating about the bush; Gadaffi's peace offers always seem to herald him setting out on another round of killing. Paying him back in hos own coin seems no more unreasonable than the rest of the ill-conceived, half-arsed twatventure.