slotted c95 buttons

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by olddearhunter, May 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. anyone know where i can get slotted(as on current issue smock) buttons with loop for sewing in various sizes at a decent-ish price? Just want to replace buttons on an old smock.?

ta very much.
  2. Try ringing DLO Caversfield, being the clothing people they will be able to point you in the right direction...
  3. Speak to your friendly Clothing Stores Supplier (or Storeman as they are in the Army), all the NATO stock numbers can be found in the COSA for replacement buttons.
  4. Does anyone know any civvy outlets where thse can be bought?

Failing that, are there any super helpful storemen on here who have a few spare they'd be willing to send me?

My issue combats do not have slotted buttons, and I'm getting sick of replacing the buttons on the map pockets (got issued new trousers where the pocket is an inch smaller than the old ones, so I can hardly shut the pocket over my map case).

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.
  5. Give Special Air Sea Services a call. They do clothing modifications and as such should have a stock of the slotted buttons.
  6. Chat to your Storeman after a large exercise he will have Ex-damaged kit just handed in then you can harvest the buttons and any replacement zips you may need to upgrade your old smock.

PS remember to cut out the draw string/tape from a damaged smock to attach the buttons with.
  7. olddearhunter, how many buttons you looking for? I'm a clothing storeman and I may be able to help. PM me

SS :wink: :wink:
  8. Just buy an old smock for a fiver from a Civvy Army surplus store. Job done....