Slipstreaming XP

XP is approaching the end of support (April 2014, I think.)

I intend compiling a slipstream installation disk using nLite. Is anyone aware of a one-stop shop for all XP updates and fixes post SP3?

I have done the obvious thing and trawled the MS site, but the updates and fixes seem to be all over the place and not at all straightforward to compile.

Just ran a couple of scans on the download , they both come up clean(for now)

is this xp for free?? i buggered up my experinental pc by sticking a cracked 7 on it and it wasnt fully compatible so wouldnt mind reverting...so i can play connand & conquer!!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

is this xp for free?? i buggered up my experinental pc by sticking a cracked 7 on it and it wasnt fully compatible so wouldnt mind reverting...so i can play connand & conquer!!

Do a clean install ,(burn a CD from the ISO,boot off the CD, delete & create partitions,install Windows).

I'm gonna whack this on a VM now and see what happens & report back.

What's the Remove MDW.cmd all about?
Beaten to it by saucedoctor that's certainly what it seems to be, Malwarebytes isn't throwing a wobbly so I'm reasonably happy with it. Will leave it on my pen drive till I need it. Hopefully not too soon.

cheers sd. will try that :)

It just deletes the OEM info
Right. That suggests that the iso includes a pirated OEM copy of XP. Would that be right?
That would not be a problem as I have a legit installation disk for XP Home. I could just strip out the update files from the ISO to make my own slipstream compilation. However, the blurb on the site seems to relate to XP Professional. Are the updates going to be compatible with XP Home?

Seems to work fine. System Information confirms SP3, and IE 8.0.6 is in there too.

I have PM'd interested parties with additional info that I probably shouldn't post here.

Hmmm, I see from a corner of your screenshot that it is XP Professional. I have a legit copy of XP Home and I have no idea whether the updates included in the ISO are going to be compatible.

Why not just use the whole thing? You'd have one hell of a job on your hands trying to extract the updates from the ISO.

XP is effectively abandonware now.

I've tried downloading the torrent twice now with no joy. Tried to burn the ISO image to disk and it said error and also tried copying file to pendrive to try and do it on another computer - said cannot read from source file or disk.
Bit torrent said files were missing first time also.

??

Anyone have any luck with it? I'm not really au-fait with torrents so I could be doing something wrong.

Have a look at post #14 - I downloaded it today to check it for nasties. Torrent blazed down, and I used the ISO to set up the VMware virtual machine in the photo. No dramas.

May I respectfully suggest that there's something wrong with your computer, or, PEBKAC?

(Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair)

Also: http://lifehacker.com/285489/a-beginners-guide-to-bittorrent

That's probably the case mate. I was downloading it on the computer I want to actually install it on. I was hesitant to do so but - I've just installed bit torrent on this, my 'decent PC' and am halfway through downloading the torrent.

17 mins to go. Shite connection here!

I installed C&C over the weekend on my Win7 lappy. Works fine.

Latest Threads