Slipping Standards In The Regulars

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Fatty, Aug 11, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a TA officer serving with an Infantry Bn.  We are on operations and you would think that this would bring out the best in their soldiering skills.  To my dismay, I have had the misfortune to serve with quite possibly the worst group of so called "professional" officers i have ever seen.  Their unimaginative and slipshod approach to what could quite possibly be a malign environment has amazed me.  In the TA we routinely maintain high standards through training and decisive leadership, something it seems regular officers are not prepared to do.  There is something about a TA officer, and i think more and more regulars are beginning to realise that we can hold our own (and even eclipse their efforts).  During my attachment I have regularly put my subordinates under as much pressure as possible.  I believe that they would only laze around if not.  They often fail to put in returns on time and have questioned my orders.  They will soon learn because i intend to carve a name for myself in this mans Army.
  2. If they've questioned your orders, then perhaps your orders are.......'questionable'.......
  3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

F - you show 'em!  What's the point of a regular army nowadays, if they only do garrison duty in foreign sh**holes anyway?  On the few ocasions when fighting is required, we can always use the Paras (well, that's the Govt Line anyway - God knows we can't let them loose in the UK anway).

I can't wait 'til Ma_sonic sees this thread!  never thought I'd be saying this!
  4. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

The opinions expressed on this site are entirely that of the contributor and are not endorsed by either the moderators of this facility, the British Army, The Ministry of Defence, or HM Government. Some posts may be the opposite of what they seem in that they are posted to illicit or provoke a response, and as such caution should be used before responding. As the contributors to this facility are anonymous the forum moderators take no responsibility for the content of posts, or the intentions of the poster unless its really funny in which case we will probably try and take the credit.  Any resemblance to persons living or dead is likely to be bloody funny!
  5. Fatty,

Do us all a favour and fcuk off  :mad:

Woopert, you're right, this twat is on Sharkwatch, effective immediate.

Funny, I'm sure if good and Bad CO did an IP lookup, it'd point straight at a UK provider.

If you're Regular on a windup, grow up, you're not fit to wear long pants, never mind a Crown.

If you really are serving, I'd take an early P45, because if that's the sum total of  your leadership ability, then you can expect a fragging at H-Hour+1second.

Bad/Good Co's, feel free to delete this post  :mad: :mad:
  6. I didn't say thingy, blimey, now I got Verdi-Itis

I said fcukingKnobhead
  7. I couldn't agree more with 4 of the posts above and I've never come to a stronger conclusion that Fattw@t must be on glue. PTP is no doubt close to the bull when he says the IP address is UK based. If this guy is genuine though I have nothing but pity for his lads. When guys are on Ops they have downtime. They sleep. Eat. W@nk.Talk sh1t. whatever. This lardarse probably sees this and gets on his high horse trying to brown nose his superiors. Anyone who shows such outright modesty of their supposed ability and puts down everyone else around them is obviously a danger not only to himself but those around him. He would no doubt find that the reason his returns are late in is because his guys are getting fcuked round with his bone taskings. And Eagle is right. Orders questioned! If they are operational orders and they're being questioned by the lads on the ground then they are probably bad orders. A lot of officers who have limited capability on the ground and who have a natural tendency to brown nose and bluff and bluster to make up for this shortfall, make arse orders on a regular basis. It's only natural for the guys on the ground to question these orders if they are ridiculous. which, no doubt, they are. I feel sorry for the TA guys here, who since posting on this site I have had increasing respect for their attitude and commitment, if you are a representative of the state of their officers. And I know you're not because some of the others who post here come across very well. This site isn't the place to tell the world how great you are. Try "whyarechaps"
  8. ......I think we're agreed that this is a wind up?...........take it from an 'expert' in the field! 8)
  9. It's beautiful!  Another quality rant from the fat bastard (see also his "my men fear me" speech under "Weak Commanding Officers") ;D

My guess is that "Fatty" may exist  - but it is one of his Toms who is posting on his behalf to get their own back on the twat. :D
  10. Gordon Bennett!  Thingy isn't a swear word, even my mother says "thingy"!

She thinks it means the same as "twit" mind... ;D
  11. I have the horrible feeling that I may share the same capbadge as Fatty.  I get the impression that Fatty has probably never served outside a TA unit and as such is having a culture shock.  It is a shame that pig ignorant post like this provides ammunition to the like of (old style) Ma_Sonic with which to beat the TA in general.  

[Ma - much impressed by the improved quality of your posts.]
  12. One thing is for sure, if his spelling and grammar are any indication of his attention to detail, then methinks he is not all that he thinks he is!!!!!

I could also add... twat!!!!!!
  13. There are 2 points to note on this post.

1.  If per chance you happen to be a soldier providing what you consider to be a highly "entertaining"post to this board and in the process back handedly slagging off your Coy 2ic/OC, then you are going about it the wrong way.  If this individual is as "harsh" as you're making out and everyone hates him, then believe me the mess is fully aware already.  Also you should note that you're not doing your own battalion any favours nor this site.

2.  If per chance this is a actually a factually correct posting.  Then take note. We actually don't want to hear about the shortcomings of your battalion.  And if you think that after slagging off most of the officers and soldiers of said battalion that you're going to get any further work I wouldn't count my chickens.

On an additional note.  I have had the opportunity to serve with a number of Officers and soldiers on FTRS, some have been appalling (two officers in particular) whilst some have been very good.  I dare say that this is equally the case with regular officers and soldiers.

The intriguing point about this post is still the TA regular debate.  Having served in an Ops Office of a TA Regiment as a PSI, I can hand on heart say that we used to pack as much stuff into a weekend or camp as we could.  Having worked also in an Ops Office of a Regular Unit and having been through years of training etc, the ethos for exercise is to train for war.  Note in a regular unit when your not doing anything during exercise, then your squaring away admin, cleaning your gat or sleeping.  The lull in battle is as critical to those that fight as the fighting itself, especially as we have now moved to a 24 hr battlefield.  So if the above post was serious, please take note... you are not acting professionally if you think that your soldiers and officers should be out doing something 24 hrs a day, they need down time as much as anyone else, otherwise things will start to go wrong (I dare say the lack of returns may be just the start) and possibly a major disaster will occur.
  14. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Great suggestion on the IP lookup front, so I now know where Fatty is based - suffice to say that he doesn't appear to be in Bosnia!

To coin a phrase - Fatty I know where you live!  And I gather you don't get much sun down there.....
  15. I'm truely shocked by the abuse that you have given my thoughts on this board.  It saddens me to say but it is symptomatic of the streak of cowardice that is currently running through the army.  You all seem to be rushing to the defence of the soldiers when all I am trying to achieve is results.  Yes results through hard work, but that is what they get their pay for anyway.  we are moving towards a softly-softly approach in the way we treat our soldiers now and mark my words, it will get worse.  I now find barriers at every turn when trying to charge someone.  

You should all have more moral courage and realise that the army is in decline due to the yes-man     ure that has evolved.  Not one of you seems to be prepared to push the troops to achieve the aim but instead let's worry about their welfare fist and achieve the mission if we have time.

Yes, I'm ranting again but I know I shouldn't, you are all probably merely Priavtes or NCOs trying to get a rise out of me.