Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by racheyblubird, Feb 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the space of just over a week I have befriended a bear on Facebook, which is just grand as Slingsby is a rather charming bear! :)

I then very quickly got charmed into hosting one of his team and taking him out to see the sights of London, which again, is just grand cos he's a charming bear and I love this dirty old town! :)

I am now in the process of being charmed (but not quite charmed yet) into sorting out/hosting a fund-raising evening for the Slingsby cause, which in turn obviously means more cash for Holidays4Heros! :)

I have been assured that I can have a venue, on the river, central, easy to get to, cheap bar, yadda yadda yadda, which instantly makes life easier!

BUT..... Before I get charmed into agreeing to this, I'd like to get an idea of numbers as to who would be interested in coming along and helping to raise some cash and raising Sgt Slingsby profile!!

As I say, at the minute I'm just trying to get a feel for if this would be a success and worth me putting essays and reading lists on a back burner in order to organise such a thing!

So, sometime in August, in London, get merry and a chance to sling some money Slingsby's way........... Whaddaya say??? :D

Edited TWICE cos I'm a bit of a London Pleb.....!!!
  2. great stuff.

Small point. this is for Holidays4Heroes. :wink:
  3. *racheyblubird is blushing!!!!*

Obviously I meant holidays!!! :)
  4. I'm sure we can forgive .... this time! :D

It certainly sounds like an interesting and entertaining task! Just don't let slingsby talk you into doing a pub-crawl at the same time!
  5. One strike and I'm out huh?? :oops:

If people want to go onto something afterwards who am I to stop/discourage them????
  6. :?

Anyway. Good on ya for helping out, I'm sure its going to be great!
  7. deleted
  8. Might be worth posting in Arrse Social too Rach.