Slingsby/Eastenders cricket 30th August. A few volunteers

We have secured a last minute invitation for Sgt Slingsby to attend the Eastenders Charity Cricket match in Crouch End N.London next sunday.
A few volunteers will be required on the day so if anyones free to come along and help out with the tins and flyers please drop us a PM. Not sure of numbers we can take as yet but I'm sure we'll have enough to raise the profile of Hols4H and a plenty few pennies too.

An ARRSE v Eastenders charity cricket match/family day is also being arranged for sometime in 2010.

A few other events are being discussed so hopefully this will be the first of many events we can arrange with the celebrity circuit.

VH

That's a shame old chap, I know it's short notice.

But with plenty of time to organise the ARRSE v Eastenders cricket match in 2010 I think we will all have a great day to look forward to.

VH

S

stabradop

Where in Crouch End mate? I am free but just looking at transport, as you know Sunday is the fave day for engineering works so will have to see if I can get there before I commit.

It's at Phoenix Park Pavillion, I'll post postcodes etc tomorrow.
Should be a good day.

VH

[Fx = muffled voice from inside large striped cardboard box]

I am delighted to have been invited, and I'm getting to UK as fast as the Post Office will allow. My secret comms link with the BMG tells me I'm due chez VanHelsing by 1300 on Monday.

Well done those who organised/blagged me in on this one! :lol:

Now, so that I can follow proceedings properly next weekend, will someone explain the offside rule to me?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Sgt.Slingsby said:

I am delighted to have been invited, and I'm getting to UK as fast as the Post Office will allow. My secret comms link with the BMG tells me I'm due chez VanHelsing by 1300 on Monday.

Now, so that I can follow proceedings properly next weekend, will someone explain the offside rule to me?
First off, it's the offside LAW, there are no rules in Football or Cricket! Dunno about Rugby at the moment, they seem to have no respect for rules or laws.

Second off, do you have a white coat? You could stand at Square Leg and issue some interesting umpiring decisions, to the amusement of all present.

Grownup_Rafbrat said:
Sgt.Slingsby said:
First off, it's the offside LAW, there are no rules in Football or Cricket! Dunno about Rugby at the moment, they seem to have no respect for rules or laws.
Second off, do you have a white coat? You could stand at Square Leg and issue some interesting umpiring decisions, to the amusement of all present.
[Fx = mumbling and scratching noises, which suddenly cease after the sound of the irritating Microsoft "Welcome" tune ... ]

Thank you RAFB, I'm completely unenlightened by that.
I do not have a white coat, and the BMG's nurse/attendant/supervisor's one is too big to borrow anyway.
I do not have square legs, and do not stand [I sit in a slouchy floppy manner, which is really quite charming and upholds the traditions of most AAC sqn crewrooms].
I expect I'll be too busy helping with tin-rattling to see much of the game anyway - I just hoped I might understand the bits I see.
I don't have to sweep up the ashes afterwards, do I?

[Aside - Am I there yet? They said by 1300.]

VanHelsing said:
We have secured a last minute invitation for Sgt Slingsby to attend the Eastenders Charity Cricket match in Crouch End N.London next Sunday.
A few volunteers will be required on the day so if anyones free to come along and help out with the tins and flyers please drop us a PM. Not sure of numbers we can take as yet but I'm sure we'll have enough to raise the profile of Hols4H and a plenty few pennies too.
What he said, so eloquently. Your chance to meet The Bear!! :lol:

I would have done anything to have been with you to help but unfortunately I have a previous engagement I can't get out of - but good luck, hope the weather holds.

Shame you couldn't pop along Missie, I know you'll be along to the next one :D

VH

That will be great. The helpers will have a good day I'm sure.
We have been told that there will be lots of celebs for piccies and hopefully donations.

I have been putting Slingsby through a crash course in Cockernee,
he's mastered, Gawd Blimey Guvnor and C'mon Gis a Few Quid me Old China to name a few.
We promise not to teach him any swear words though :wink:

VH

Venue for tomorrow

North London Cricket Club

Crouch End Playing Fields, Montenotte Road, London N8

020 8340 8184

On our way to the RV, Slingsby's took a crash course in Cockernee and we're ready to raise lots of money for Hols4H today.

VH

What a great day!

Everyone was really friendly which was good because me and the slugster were wandering round with Slingsby spreading the H4H word and even managing to get a fair few donations in the tin too!

Think having cute kids with us helped to be honest. Mini VH was a star and really got the hang of the whole PR thing, despite her tender years :D

Really looking forward to the next one :)

x

What she said.

An absolutely cracking afternoon. The Eastenders lot were brilliant, and Fwuffy and I were "cougaring" Peter Beale, snogging Patrick and touching up Minty and Nigel Harman (mmm - Nigel Harman).

Sgt Slingsby was on his best behaviour, and mini VH was an absolute star. "That's Daddy's Hat!" must be the quote of the day.

I'd like to thank PRT for getting us completely smashed on Sambuca and Tequila and vodka, and for making sure we got into a taxi (first time lucky this week).

Looking forward to next year's event. Oh, and if anyone wants to come to Lords with me next year, you only have to ask. The David Beckham watch is going into the charity auctions when I have downloaded the photo of it, and put a filter on it so it doesn't hurt your eyes. "What's the time in Tokyo?"

Sluggy xxx