Slingsby/Eastenders cricket 30th August. A few volunteers

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by VanHelsing, Aug 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We have secured a last minute invitation for Sgt Slingsby to attend the Eastenders Charity Cricket match in Crouch End N.London next sunday.
    A few volunteers will be required on the day so if anyones free to come along and help out with the tins and flyers please drop us a PM. Not sure of numbers we can take as yet but I'm sure we'll have enough to raise the profile of Hols4H and a plenty few pennies too.

An ARRSE v Eastenders charity cricket match/family day is also being arranged for sometime in 2010.

A few other events are being discussed so hopefully this will be the first of many events we can arrange with the celebrity circuit.

VH

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Outstanding mate, sadly I am at the L/N Bty reunion in Barnard Castle next weekend, well done to you for securing this though

Dave

3. That's a shame old chap, I know it's short notice.

But with plenty of time to organise the ARRSE v Eastenders cricket match in 2010 I think we will all have a great day to look forward to.

VH

4. Where in Crouch End mate? I am free but just looking at transport, as you know Sunday is the fave day for engineering works so will have to see if I can get there before I commit.

5. It's at Phoenix Park Pavillion, I'll post postcodes etc tomorrow.
    Should be a good day.

VH

6. Sgt.Slingsby

Sgt.Slingsby War Hero Good Egg (charities)

[Fx = muffled voice from inside large striped cardboard box]

I am delighted to have been invited, and I'm getting to UK as fast as the Post Office will allow. My secret comms link with the BMG tells me I'm due chez VanHelsing by 1300 on Monday.

Well done those who organised/blagged me in on this one! :lol:

Now, so that I can follow proceedings properly next weekend, will someone explain the offside rule to me?

7. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

First off, it's the offside LAW, there are no rules in Football or Cricket! Dunno about Rugby at the moment, they seem to have no respect for rules or laws.

Second off, do you have a white coat? You could stand at Square Leg and issue some interesting umpiring decisions, to the amusement of all present.

8. Sgt.Slingsby

[Fx = mumbling and scratching noises, which suddenly cease after the sound of the irritating Microsoft "Welcome" tune ... ]

Thank you RAFB, I'm completely unenlightened by that.
    I do not have a white coat, and the BMG's nurse/attendant/supervisor's one is too big to borrow anyway.
    I do not have square legs, and do not stand [I sit in a slouchy floppy manner, which is really quite charming and upholds the traditions of most AAC sqn crewrooms].
    I expect I'll be too busy helping with tin-rattling to see much of the game anyway - I just hoped I might understand the bits I see.
    I don't have to sweep up the ashes afterwards, do I?

[Aside - Am I there yet? They said by 1300.]

9. Sgt.Slingsby

What he said, so eloquently. Your chance to meet The Bear!! :lol:

10. I would have done anything to have been with you to help but unfortunately I have a previous engagement I can't get out of - but good luck, hope the weather holds.

11. Shame you couldn't pop along Missie, I know you'll be along to the next one :D

VH

12. Sgt.Slingsby

Any chance of another beer, Boss?
    Dry as dust in that box, it was.
    :wink:

BTW, where is this cricket thing happening again?
    The BMG can't find the location on the 'puter.

13. Sgt.Slingsby

BTW - I've asked HOTSPUR's Bearer if attendance would be possible to give you a hand.

:wink: