Slimming for Soldiers

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by u03sem6, Oct 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Folks, first forum post but for a worthy cause I hope

Some friends of mine are doing a sponsored slim in the 10 weeks before Christmas in aid of Forces Charities. If you are interested in joining the slimmers, donating or in taking a sponsor sheet to try and raise funds for the group please visit the facebook page and request to join or add the account 'E-pals for -heroes' as a friend.

Here is their group description which explains their aims better than I can

We Are A group Of People from All walks of the community That have Military family past & present, That Are doing A sponsored Slim for 10 weeks before Christmas . All proceeds From This event will be Divided Equally between SOTS (soldiers off the street) & Holly Bush House (combat Stress) . Both Charities Are registered & will benefit from The pounds We can Do without . it is Not a competition To see who can lose The most weight But Each person Taking part will pledge To lose Whatever They are comfortable with In The 10 weeks of the Event.. This group Is open To all members of the Public supporting Our Troops & Ex service personnel , Its a place to come To support each other whilst we are ", Slimming For Soldiers" no doubt we will have good days & bad days and some Funny stories To swop as we endeavour To lose those pounds. slimming tips, share recipes & ideas with us.. please tell your Friends and pass The word around, And We hope to open a just Giving link soon , where you can Donate online or Sponsor sheets are available from any Of the Team if you message our in- Box.. thankyou For Your support.

you can find the facebook group here, Welcome to Facebook

and the e-pals for heroes page here Welcome to Facebook