Slightly pimped Enfield 7.62 on offer

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Biped, Apr 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Hi chaps,

One of the blerks from my local shooting club is seeking to offload his slightly pimped SMLE, and yes, I know the purists amongst you may be losing it at this point, but hey ho, wasn't me wot done it.

It's got:

A heavy floating 7.62 barrel with 1/9 twist.
    Custom Weaver Rail
    Parker Hale rail in base of stock.
    Versa-Pod Bipod with hand-stop.
    Tasco 6-24x48 Objective AO scope.

Let me know if you'd like to make an offer.

2. I would honestly sleep with that beast - a shame I don't have a FAC :D
  3. The scope mount looks like the Armalon one I have on my L39. And is that a No 8 butt?
  4. Gents,

Forgive the intrusion! I'm just curious - how much would something like this go for?

I'm still serving, and don't have a FAC but i'm thinking of taking up shooting at a civilian club in a couple of years when i'm pensioned off!

5. How much for the magazine?
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

The gennelman in question is selling the entire package er, as a package, so no EX-STAB me old mucker, there'll be no stripping this one for parts! :wink:

I could be wrong, but I believe it's a newly crafted stock, hence the long forend and the Parker Hale accessory rail underneath.

I'm told it's a custom scope rail, though it may very well be a 'customised' Armalon.

Offers in the region of £500.
  7. That is a beautiful rifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. What have you done to that beautiful rifle?

Lee Enfields should never be re-barrelled to 7.62, that alone should carry the death penalty. Then sticking a noncey optic on it should carry a 'dig him up after he's been executed and chop up his body' sentence.

No No No No No No

Ex stab, I'll have a shufty to se if I've got a mag
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

That's not strictly speaking true though is it MDN? I give you . . . . . . . . . the L42!

Floating 7.62 barrel, and let's face it, thanks to the oft furry sight post, the scope's a bit noncey, no?

Funnily, it don't look much different to the one that this thread is about . . . :wink:
  10. Its not an L42!!

Even the L42 should have stayed in .303 for patriotic reasons, nevermind logistics, ballistics etc.

It is pretty, but its wrong wrong wrong

Wheres my pimped up gun bits you southern shandy gargling gun slag? :D
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

farkin closed yesterday wasn't he! Less of the shandy gargling too!

Oil make sure dey go out to yers next week.