Slightly Fractured Wrist

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Griffo909, Nov 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all

Anyways i hurt my wrist a week back and seeing as the pain did not clear up within a few days i seeked medical help. I went down to the A & E and after a god damn awful 4 hour wait i finally managed to see a doctor. Atm i have a large lump on my wrist which almost indefinately feels like bone.I had an X-Ray done and according to the doctors it is a sprain, even though i overheard them clearly stating that one of my carpals is slightly fractured!?.However they did not mention this to me and told me that it is sprained and to ice it daily. I have done this and still cant help but feel that it is much more than a 'sprain' and i am not sure what to do as i have selection coming up on the 29th of November. If it is a sprain is there anything i can do to speed up the healing process as the last thing i want to do is back out of my selection date. It has been over a week and a half now since the injury and the pain is still at the same intensity as it was when i injured it. Should i just keep using the RICE protocol and hope for the best??

Sorry for the rant guys...just abut annoyed at the whole situation

2. Thx for that Desktop

Post Edited
  4. depends where the 'lump' is! Fractured scaphoid can be difficult to detect on initial xray and often doesn't show up for 10-14 days when callus starts to form. If its 'on the 'thumb side' of your wrist,it may be worth having it looked at again after the 10days.
  5. I had a similar problem a few years back. Miss hit the punch bag one day and had wrist pain for months afterwards. I went to the MO on a number of occasions and he said that I had bone bruising and that potentially it could take months to get back to normal which it did.