Slight mental embarrassment

I suffer from some sort of condition, don't know what it is, i just cant put my finger on it. So i need your help to diagnose it so i can do something about it. It's height related, i'm fine flying, parachuting, fine doing ramp riding! However if i go up a ladder, rock climbing or on the catwalk on an assault course my legs turn to jelly and i cant move. Its embarrassing,whats up with me?

cuntishness

B

Biscuits_AB

I suffer from some sort of condition, don't know what it is, i just cant put my finger on it. So i need your help to diagnose it so i can do something about it. It's height related, i'm fine flying, parachuting, fine doing ramp riding! However if i go up a ladder, rock climbing or on the catwalk on an assault course my legs turn to jelly and i cant move. Its embarrassing,whats up with me?
Cowardice.

Forastero

LE
You're a massive fanny.
I have a shit list of people whose posts I will never 'Like' and you're on it. However, I will admit that I found your post somewhat amusing but I'm still fucked if I'm going to 'Like' it.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Mr Golden we heard about this before, sorry to hear you're no better.

Now we've all had time to abuse me for my weakness, a serious answer would be appreciated.

You are suffering from aerophobia. The actual height itself ie how high it is, is academic and illogical - like most phobias .....

Jarrod is correct and hypnotherapy may be a good start point

It is weird because i enjoy flying and parachuting/ paragliding, anything above 8 feet and my legs turn to jelly. Many thanks for the help

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
It is weird because i enjoy flying and parachuting/ paragliding, anything above 8 feet and my legs turn to jelly. Many thanks for the help
I was doing advanced turns on my PPL course and had an overwhelming urge to jump out. I'm the same with heights now but not all, can't go near balconies.
I'm fine in planes, fine up mountains, cable cars.

Happened to me after illness. I used to work at heights , parachute and do some climbing. Went for a walk round Prussia cove during recuperation (a walk I had done many times) and found myself clinging to the side of the path. It seems to come and go and vary by degrees. Force myself to do things sometimes in the hope of a cure. Not a nice feeling.

Its hights that are going to really hurt if you fell that get me, as you say sweats and a bit wobbly, if its definately going to kill me much of a problem. so if you try what I do it may help. ******* Buck up.

Hope this was of assistance.

In climbing its called "Doing the funky chicken'' before, for example, you take a 50ft screamer on a leader fall.

Basically your a 'bottle job.'

Have you thought of doing Elvis impressions? You appear to have the legs for it. ;-)