Slight mental embarrassment

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by gorilla, Aug 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I suffer from some sort of condition, don't know what it is, i just cant put my finger on it. So i need your help to diagnose it so i can do something about it. It's height related, i'm fine flying, parachuting, fine doing ramp riding! However if i go up a ladder, rock climbing or on the catwalk on an assault course my legs turn to jelly and i cant move. Its embarrassing,whats up with me?

2. Syphilis

• Like Like x 1
  3. cuntishness

• Like Like x 1
  4. You're a massive fanny.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cowardice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LMF?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I have a shit list of people whose posts I will never 'Like' and you're on it. However, I will admit that I found your post somewhat amusing but I'm still fucked if I'm going to 'Like' it.

• Like Like x 10
  8. Cheers for that Shitlips.

9. Mr Golden we heard about this before, sorry to hear you're no better.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Now we've all had time to abuse me for my weakness, a serious answer would be appreciated.

11. Thought about hypnotherapy?

12. It has crossed my mind, just want to know what it is first

13. You are suffering from aerophobia. The actual height itself ie how high it is, is academic and illogical - like most phobias .....

Jarrod is correct and hypnotherapy may be a good start point

14. It's anxiety through fear of falling and death by going splat. I'm fine with some heights but not others.

• Like Like x 1
  15. It is weird because i enjoy flying and parachuting/ paragliding, anything above 8 feet and my legs turn to jelly. Many thanks for the help