ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Slight injury before basic training

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by joshrichardson, Dec 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all, I posted in the Pirbright thread about something that is stressing me out/worrying me and could use some advice.

I have basic coming up January 16th, however two or so weeks ago I think I managed to pull/strain a muscle in my thigh. Thinking my legs had rested properly after some sprints I did a few nights before, I went for another run and I could feel a sharp pain through my quads but carried on. It's gone away for now, and it's very mild, as I can only feel it slightly when stretching my thighs and late into runs - a dull and uncomfortable feeling. Also went for another run around 5 or 6 days ago to see if it'd healed up, was ok for the first few intervals I tried but warming down I could feel the pain coming back...

After consulting Dr Google it looks as if I should rest for 2-3 weeks tops. I know you all aren't physiotherapists or doctors but hopefully somebody has been through something similar to this and/or been in the same predicament. I have basic training coming up in another 5 or so weeks, so I'm not sure whether it is worth it to book an appointment with my doctor to take a look, but as said I can walk on it fine and I can't feel it at all, only when I ice it, and only later on into runs.

I'm prepared to rest it for sure but I'm not sure if it'll be fully healed up by basic training and I don't know if it'll be healed up enough to take on the PT throughout basic.

Sorry for the very unclear post, but just looking for some advice and I don't want to mess this up as it's all I've wanted for a very long time.. I don't mind giving my recruiter a call and rearranging my date but what are the chances of me being given a new date, how far into the future would it be and is it too late to change dates after my oath?

Hopefully I can get some advice, thanks.

2. Don't ask Google or forums, go and see a doc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.