Slight hitch with Plods "Big Brother" cameras.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Aug 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Should have bought them off RVOPS!

2. What do you expect, from the lowest bidder? :p

3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

£1700 when you can buy commercially a HD-capable one for £300? even allowing another £300 for memory cards, spare batteries and chargers, how the hell are they getting to £1700?

4. Someone, somewhere is possibly geting a golden handshake and pat on back for the contract. If it is not the cheapest bid (which provides cheap, unreliable equioment) that wins then you can be quite sure of 'sweeteners' going around.

5. Especially amongst the rolled-up trouser brigade-still funny though :mrgreen:

6. Support, training, spares and warranty.... and a spot on the board.

For £500 a pop you could buy a Sony HDR-TG5V....

WHich (although a bit bigger) would easily clip to a helmet, or on a vest.

Has 10x zoom, 16Gb of internal memory or uses Sony sticks, caputres 4Mp stils and GPS so it records when and where the shot was taken.

7. I don't know why they bother, they always seem to have a SKY camera team following their every move anyway and Kirsty McCall or Alistair fecking Stewart comentating on their every belch and fart. I beleive it's now SOP's for them to sign up for their EQUITY card before going out on the beat.

8. fvcking hell that's impressive. How does Kirsty do it, ouija board?

9. Or whatever her fecking name is LOL!! Just realised my mistake. You fecker :)

10. Because it's the police procurement system mate. who else would pay £2.5k for 2 levels of cheap shelving, which is made with a bit of plyboard and those cheap metal supports, for a 10ft x 10ft room.

Or pay someone £20k for a cable trench which he then subcontracted out for £2k

Or £100+k for a 30mtr, 5 lane, range to be tarmaced?

Or £50k for 12 dog kennels to be tiled?

My farce, that's who.

11. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

ffs... and I bet you're still getting the sh1t end of the stick in terms of manning where you need it.

12. Could you furnish me with the details of your contract supervisor please? :D ker-ching.

13. I bet I could identify an organisation that people here are well acquainted with who would do that... :roll:

14. :D Ha! ha! ha! ha! :D