• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

slight hearing loss in right ear - problem joining up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,

looking to join up next year when i finish uni, either as a rifleman or light gun royal artillery.

all health is fine except for fitness which im working on and have a year to improve, except that i have slight hearing loss in my right ear. its nothing major but it is noticeable ie i dont notice it unless i cover my left ear.

will the hearing be a problem?

i have asked the afco place and the bloke whos sorting my application about the medical and how soon it will be, cos id hate to have my heart set on joining then find at the last minute i cant!

C

cloudbuster

Right, jump into the Arrse virtual soundbooth and pop the headphones on, and a Nurse* will be along to do a virtual audiogram. Then a collection of pseudo-consultants will glance at the resultant virtual print-out and suck through their teeth. That'll be £250 please.

*An alternative virtual healthcare professional or cleaner may suffice for the purpose of this virtual test.

Rifleman or Royal Artillery eh? You'll be on a winner there then as they're all deaf anyway. To be honest, unless it's a deterioating thing you should be okay.

yea! whats wrong with that ;) lots of mates have told me its a backwards step but... i worked in demo/groudnworks for ~5 years before i came to uni, and i really miss the atmosphere of working with mates, having the crack on site and doing some physical work.

anyhow, its somethign ive always been interested in so if i dont do it now (..in a years time) then il never do it. plus itl teach me alot more self discipline.

all health is fine except for fitness which im working on and have a year to improve, except that i have slight hearing loss in my right ear. its nothing major but it is noticeable ie i dont notice it unless i cover my left ear.

will the hearing be a problem?
Not at all, especially in the gunners as hearing loss is a well recognised job-related problem. All new recruits are taught sign language though to combat this problem. Here's a starter to help you on your chosen career......

rg-******.jpg

Deafness in one ear?

I take it that your left handed stepfather kept slapping you about your ginger head until you couldn't hear on the right side anymore.

Well done him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads