sleeping on guard

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by pupgreen, Sep 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ok, whats the punishment these days for sleeping on main gate guard duty.
    not just a rubber neck job , but a full sit down fall asleep and let everybody drive past you affair.
    slap wrist
    extra duty
    gentle shake awake with a cup of tea..

during ww1 i think you would have been shot.
    during my time..1970s-80s.it was nick at least 7 days...
    what does the tom on the ground get these days if anything.

2. Voice of experience?

3. no never,,but ive seen quite a few mates jailed and as a snco , ive also slammed the door on a couple..

4. a free pillow and quilt from the WRVS lady, with a cup of cocco on the hour!

5. i can see that outcome,,i was just wondering if they can be done for it these days...

6. Happened at a previous unit about 18 months ago.

28 days in MCTC

7. thanks i shall await events with bated breath,,,as the nco ic wasent that bothered..

8. And you could still get a an LSGC...................................Long Sleep & Got Caught like a certain RSM! Or so a little 'Dicky Bird' tells me!!! :D

9. Actually, now i recall. It was 26 days so he couldnt get remission. Or something like that.

10. ouch,,,,ill have to remind him of that,, no this was ,,today,,,to say i was a bit miffed is an understatement,,

11. arrived for work and drove straight in,,,,me bibbing didnt even stir him..

12. Well I just hope it was worth it and you felt suitably refreshed when you woke up!!! :wink:

13. no not me s54,,new lot.

14. 'Budgies'?

15. come to think of it i see a pattern forming here,, it was a dicky bird.