Sleeping makes men thick and stressed

#1
Bed sharing 'drains men's brains'
Bed sharing disturbed sleep quality
Sharing a bed with someone could temporarily reduce your brain power - at least if you are a man - Austrian scientists suggest.

When men spend the night with a bed mate their sleep is disturbed, whether they make love or not, and this impairs their mental ability the next day.

The lack of sleep also increases a man's stress hormone levels.

According to the New Scientist study, women who share a bed fare better because they sleep more deeply.

Sleepless nights

Professor Gerhard Kloesch and colleagues at the University of Vienna studied eight unmarried, childless couples in their 20s.

Each couple was asked to spend 10 nights sleeping together and 10 apart while the scientists assessed their rest patterns with questionnaires and wrist activity monitors.

The next day the couples were asked to perform simple cognitive tests and had their stress hormone levels checked.

Sharing the bed space with someone who is making noises and who you have to fight with for the duvet is not sensible
Professor Neil Stanley, a sleep expert at the University of Surrey

Although the men reported they had slept better with a partner, they fared worse in the tests, with their results suggesting they actually had more disturbed sleep.

Both sexes had a more disturbed night's sleep when they shared their bed, Professor Kloesch told a meeting of the Forum of European Neuroscience.

But women apparently managed to sleep more deeply when they did eventually drop off, since they claimed to be more refreshed than their sleep time suggested.

Their stress hormone levels and mental scores did not suffer to the same extent as the men.

But the women still reported that they had the best sleep when they were alone in bed.

Bed sharing also affected dream recall. Women remembered more after sleeping alone and men recalled best after sex.

Separate beds

Dr Neil Stanley, a sleep expert at the University of Surrey, said: "It's not surprising that people are disturbed by sleeping together.

"Historically, we have never been meant to sleep in the same bed as each other. It is a bizarre thing to do.

"Sleep is the most selfish thing you can do and it's vital for good physical and mental health.

"Sharing the bed space with someone who is making noises and who you have to fight with for the duvet is not sensible.

"If you are happy sleeping together that's great, but if not there is no shame in separate beds."

He said there was a suggestion that women are pre-programmed to cope better with broken sleep.

"A lot of life events that women have disturb sleep - bringing up children, the menopause and even the menstrual cycle," he explained.

But Dr Stanley added people did get used to sharing a bed.

"If they have shared their bed with their partner for a long time they miss them and that will disturb sleep."
BBC Health

:shock:
 
#3
Sharing the bed space with someone who is making noises and who you have to fight with for the duvet is not sensible
Professor Neil Stanley, a sleep expert at the University of Surrey
Its all the fault of women stealing the Duvet and farting.
 
#4
Sleeping with WOMEN makes us thick and stressed... it's not surprising is it? I snored the wrong way and was violently woken up by a doris wanting to know who Anna was. That sort of thing's bound to make you stressed and become a tad thicker.
 
#5
phantom, you know nowt! its a love puff dont ya know and not a fart!!! (nudge nudge say no more)!
 
#6
MrsDarthspud said:
phantom, you know nowt! its a love puff dont ya know and not a fart!!! (nudge nudge say no more)!
I shall say nothing of Mrs Phantoms ability to lift the duvet with her 'love puffs' and set the smoke alarm off.
 
#7
theoriginalphantom said:
MrsDarthspud said:
phantom, you know nowt! its a love puff dont ya know and not a fart!!! (nudge nudge say no more)!
I shall say nothing of Mrs Phantoms ability to lift the duvet with her 'love puffs' and set the smoke alarm off.
Excuse moi for one upfemaleship here.......... but

I can lift a duvet with a small love puff, after a supper of sprouts, fillet steak and onions. Small fry if you pardon the pun here...... I am proud of the results. Even MrDarth is trying to compete.!
 
#8
So THATS why so many clever people are virgins then!

Ah, I'm the exception that proves the rule :)
 
#9
Mrs Phantom is a vegetarian - sprouts are one of her staple foods.
 
#10
Praetorian said:
So THATS why so many clever people are virgins then!

Ah, I'm the exception that proves the rule :)
:muhaha:

Oww it hurts, just laughing tooo much at that one
 
#11
theoriginalphantom said:
Mrs Phantom is a vegetarian - sprouts are one of her staple foods.
And you're still married?

My woman only sleeps so well because I keep a bottle of chloroform by the bed for when she starts struggling. She does wake me up though, fcuking cow, by nicking the sheet, rearranging the fcuking duvet at 2am (so she gets it and I don't) and then trying to fcuking hug me. I'd knock her teeth out but I'm scared of her...
 
#12
crabby said:
theoriginalphantom said:
Mrs Phantom is a vegetarian - sprouts are one of her staple foods.
And you're still married?

My woman only sleeps so well because I keep a bottle of chloroform by the bed for when she starts struggling. She does wake me up though, fcuking cow, by nicking the sheet, rearranging the fcuking duvet at 2am (so she gets it and I don't) and then trying to fcuking hug me. I'd knock her teeth out but I'm scared of her...
You should show more respect for your mother.
 
#13
LMAO, how can a topic go from bed to sprouts in just a few short posts, I'm more used to sprout talk turning into sex talk and no its not some kinky fetish haha xxx
 
#14
Random_Task said:
crabby said:
theoriginalphantom said:
Mrs Phantom is a vegetarian - sprouts are one of her staple foods.
And you're still married?

My woman only sleeps so well because I keep a bottle of chloroform by the bed for when she starts struggling. She does wake me up though, fcuking cow, by nicking the sheet, rearranging the fcuking duvet at 2am (so she gets it and I don't) and then trying to fcuking hug me. I'd knock her teeth out but I'm scared of her...
You should show more respect for your mother.
You didn't, why should I?
 
#15
IckleMissNawti said:
LMAO, how can a topic go from bed to sprouts in just a few short posts, I'm more used to sprout talk turning into sex talk and no its not some kinky fetish haha xxx
You like c0ck sprouting warts like a cauliflower you say?
Dirty fcuking scouser - bet your gash has more diseases than logged by the WHO.
Want a fcuk?
 
#16
IckleMissNawti said:
LMAO, how can a topic go from bed to sprouts in just a few short posts, I'm more used to sprout talk turning into sex talk and no its not some kinky fetish haha xxx
Its the Naafi, it goes off topic with the first reply normally
 
#17
why is there no research on the effects of women sleeping with women, or a man sleeping with multiple (bisexual) women at the same time.

Mind you who cares what the results are, anyone volunteering for medical experiments?
 
#18
crabby said:
Random_Task said:
crabby said:
theoriginalphantom said:
Mrs Phantom is a vegetarian - sprouts are one of her staple foods.
And you're still married?

My woman only sleeps so well because I keep a bottle of chloroform by the bed for when she starts struggling. She does wake me up though, fcuking cow, by nicking the sheet, rearranging the fcuking duvet at 2am (so she gets it and I don't) and then trying to fcuking hug me. I'd knock her teeth out but I'm scared of her...
You should show more respect for your mother.
You didn't, why should I?
Because I pay good money!
 
#19
Random_Task said:
crabby said:
Random_Task said:
crabby said:
theoriginalphantom said:
Mrs Phantom is a vegetarian - sprouts are one of her staple foods.
And you're still married?

My woman only sleeps so well because I keep a bottle of chloroform by the bed for when she starts struggling. She does wake me up though, fcuking cow, by nicking the sheet, rearranging the fcuking duvet at 2am (so she gets it and I don't) and then trying to fcuking hug me. I'd knock her teeth out but I'm scared of her...
You should show more respect for your mother.
You didn't, why should I?
Because I pay good money!
You're being ripped off, mug. I get it for free - but that's probably family discount.
 
#20
crabby said:
IckleMissNawti said:
LMAO, how can a topic go from bed to sprouts in just a few short posts, I'm more used to sprout talk turning into sex talk and no its not some kinky fetish haha xxx
You like c0ck sprouting warts like a cauliflower you say?
Dirty fcuking scouser - bet your gash has more diseases than logged by the WHO.
Want a fcuk?
My gash is bootifully clean thanks to the domestos and the scrubbing brush but thanks for the concern sweetie pie and btw darling I'm posh scouse I don't Fcuk :thumbdown: I shag :thumright: but hey you couldn'y afford me so go back to playing with ya maggot and watching ya 30 second freebie clips of p*rn ;o) xxx

PS I'm free Saturday if ya want a Blowie tho? (promise to remove my teeth this time!!)
 

Latest Threads