Sleeping bag question.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Yorkie1970, Sep 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've had a sleeping bag given and was wondering if anyone could tell me what filling is used in it and what the correct way to wash it would be please?

There only appears to be the NSN number on the label which is torn,so if the washing info was on it it's now lost!

The NSN is 8465-99-130-9145

Also any info on how good/bad they are for use from April to October would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
  2. Cool wash 30'c wool/gentle wash air dry only will be fine.
  3. You wash your sleeping bag? pfft.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. The NSN is for a standard issue Sleeping System, it's rated down to -15 (when new) and has a synthetic lining.

If it was issued then why not just exchange it and have it taken to the QM's to have it laundered, if it was 'Liberated' hand yourself in at the nearest Police Station............
  5. Came to me through another militaria dealer,he's bought a job lot,all used.

Being synthetic I take it it would be ok to dry in a tumble dryer without damaging it?

6. I'd been wanking in my doss bag that much that when I went to roll it up it snapped.
  7. "Sleeping bag question"?

If she's sleeping, be very quiet in case she wakes up and makes your life a misery.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Wear a condom every time.Your weapon should never leave your hand!
  9. Don't tumble dry it completely dry just to be on the safe side.
    You are a bit of a minger though for wanting to use a 2nd hand sleeping bag - I dread to think what has gone on inside it. Give it back and get one of these instead...

10. To be honest it looks like it's never been used just smells like it's been in storage for a while.
    It'll be used with a new liner anyway!
  11. It's even worse that you had a good sniff to see if anyone had been wanking in it...
  12. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

if youre worried about damaging the loft and it smells like a surplus shop then hang it out in the rain for a week or two
  13. I'd suggest waking the sleeping bag up before filling it or just use a **** sock.
  14. dont shit in it to start with
  15. I had a "liberated" sleeping bag a few years ago which looked fairly new but which was a bit whiffy, no doubt as a result of copious amounts of deconstituted babies having been expressed in it. I made the mistake of taking it to a launderette and shoving it in the do it thesen dry cleaning machine. When I came back from the pub there was a small crowd of people taking a lot of interest in the dry cleaning machine. On closer examination, it could be seen that the dry cleaning fluid had melted the waterproof backing to the base and the hood of the sleeping bag and that the drum of the machine was now coated in sticky goo.

Time for a hands in pockets, innocent faced, silently whistling, steady walk in the direction of away.