Sleeping bag - best buy?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by oldcolt, Jul 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thinking of spending some more money I haven't got on kit I don't really need and want some advice:

Issue sleeping bag: Great, nice and warm (too warm, sometimes! :roll: ) but, oh so bulky.

'Best' non issue sleeping bag for Infantry in UK climate on exercise: Answers/ advice/ suggestions (half sensible/ reasonably funny at least please :wink: ) on this post please. Thanks in advance! :)

Was going to put this on QM's page but then thought I'll get a load of REMFS who haven't got a clue about cutting down on weight/ bulk offering useless (to me) advice.

2. Cow

Cow LE

Tit. Tried searching? You may find that someone before you has asked the question and had plenty of advice.

3. Tw@t! :wink: Yup! Tried searching but fecked if I could find anything useful on Arrsepedia or forums search. Still convinced that the ARRSE search function gets the IT equivalent of PMS! :roll:

4. I know where you can get a good Lacoste sleeping bag:

Attached Files:

5. Cow

Cow LE

Search for 'sleeping bag' specifying the QMs forum and see how many threads pop up!

6. Not bad... but the teeth on the zip look a bit dodgy! 8)

7. http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/search.html

Use this search function and then what Cow said.

Edited to add: You might want to shove an AND in between 'sleeping' and 'bag'. And make sure you select QM (as Cow said) otherwise you'll be finding things to sleep with rather than in. :wink: