sleep wear during basic training

soon to start basic training and nothing mentioned on kit list in terms of sleepwear for the lads? dont wanna sound prudish or dumb but is any thing issued or is there regulation sleepwear or is it just the expected norm that the blokes just kip in their boxers and tshirt or do tshirts have to come off? may sound a silly question but nothing mentioned and im sure other blokes will be leaving home for the first time and not used to sharing quarters with a load of people they dont know

flyingboy said:
soon to start basic training and nothing mentioned on kit list in terms of sleepwear for the lads? dont wanna sound prudish or dumb but is any thing issued or is there regulation sleepwear or is it just the expected norm that the blokes just kip in their boxers and tshirt or do tshirts have to come off? may sound a silly question but nothing mentioned and im sure other blokes will be leaving home for the first time and not used to sharing quarters with a load of people they dont know
Wah.

Dunno if this is a stupid question but as im about to join wondering what the sleep wear norm is for lads as i believe the forces no longer issue pjs, not that i wear them anyway!!! Do you need to bring anything to wear in bed or is shorts and t-shirt or shorts and bare chest simply the norm. would welcome advice from other newbies or people whove been through the system, dont wanna feel embarassed on me first nite haha!
Why!

flyingboy said:
dont wanna sound like a soft lad but serious responses would be appreciated, wanna fit in
Guess what, you made yourself sound like a soft lad. But I will let you off, just sleep in what you normally sleep in. As long as it isn't pink or crutchless.

Oh and don't dare disappear off this web site just cause you got a ribbing. It people like you that make this site. :lol:

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
I would suggest,if you want to be popular with the DS,s dont ask silly questions, and just wear your normal bedsocks and Rupert the bear Jimjams.

ok, wish id not asked! did not think it was that stupid a question, how am i supposed to know if they dont tell u! If my mother had her way shed be going out to marks and spencers to buy me a pair of pjs! then i would feel like a soft lad!!!

flyingboy said:
ok, wish id not asked! did not think it was that stupid a question, how am i supposed to know if they dont tell u! If my mother had her way shed be going out to marks and spencers to buy me a pair of pjs! then i would feel like a soft lad!!!
When you got a similar set of answers last night on RumRation, why did you think that the Arrsers would be any different?

flyingboy said:
My bold, do you get told when to take a shite or a wazz ??? Use your bloody initiative :roll:

Now, now. I can see the lad's point.

Wear whatever you are used to. You'll find that within a few nights, you'll probably all gravitate to wearing similar attire as a subconscious attempt to avoid standing out from the crowd.

If you've worn full pyjamas all your life, you'll probably drop the jacket. If you've normally slept in the nud, you'll probably add a pair of skiddies. If you've got a flamboyant personality, you'll keep a point of not changing your night attire from what you've previously been used to.

It just depends on your character and the size of your willy.

In my day the safest route at bedtime was as follows ;

Five pairs of underpants.
Two pairs green long johns.
Trousers lightweight.
Pyjama bottoms.
Wire up the bed to the mains just in case.

Hope this helps.

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
LancePrivateJones said:

Trousers lightweight.
Pyjama bottoms.

Hope this helps.[/quote

So you were in Mortar Pl then!!

LancePrivateJones said:

Trousers lightweight.
Pyjama bottoms.

Hope this helps.
And keep a sock handy. They're issued in pairs, so one can be washed and drying while the other one is - well - you know...

Latest Threads