sleep wear during basic training

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by flyingboy, Mar 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. soon to start basic training and nothing mentioned on kit list in terms of sleepwear for the lads? dont wanna sound prudish or dumb but is any thing issued or is there regulation sleepwear or is it just the expected norm that the blokes just kip in their boxers and tshirt or do tshirts have to come off? may sound a silly question but nothing mentioned and im sure other blokes will be leaving home for the first time and not used to sharing quarters with a load of people they dont know

2. Pyjama jacket and jar of vaseline will suffice.

3. I wore a pair of footie shorts as did a lot of the blokes.
    One guy had stripey PJ's. Some slept in their shreddies.

4. dont wanna sound like a soft lad but serious responses would be appreciated, wanna fit in

5. Oh, you will.

6. Wah.

7. If you want to fit in don't ask such bone questions FFS

8. Why!

9. "flyingboy" is that RAF then? In that case just ring room service and they'll supply complimentary dressing gown and onesie.

10. This must be a joke!

11. Guess what, you made yourself sound like a soft lad. But I will let you off, just sleep in what you normally sleep in. As long as it isn't pink or crutchless.

Oh and don't dare disappear off this web site just cause you got a ribbing. It people like you that make this site. :lol:

12. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

I would suggest,if you want to be popular with the DS,s dont ask silly questions, and just wear your normal bedsocks and Rupert the bear Jimjams.

13. ok, wish id not asked! did not think it was that stupid a question, how am i supposed to know if they dont tell u! If my mother had her way shed be going out to marks and spencers to buy me a pair of pjs! then i would feel like a soft lad!!!

14. When you got a similar set of answers last night on RumRation, why did you think that the Arrsers would be any different?

15. My bold, do you get told when to take a shite or a wazz ??? Use your bloody initiative :roll: