Sleep Disorders - Bar to joining the army?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by technicaldifficulties, Apr 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm currently trying to join the green machine as a PO but i've recently started having night terrors. Only two in 5 months. You know, the ones where you go around the room acting out the dream. Absolutely hilarious to watch one night after gf decided to pull out the camera phone, but still it begs the question - would this bar me from entry?

I would imagine so, which is why i'm not asking the medical staff incase it gets back to my recruiter. The thought of someone wandering around a hide in the middle of the night having a conversation with himself and then beating up a bergen thinking that its a gremlin isn't the best thing you want out of an officer :p

2. Wait till you have done basic sonny, then you'll have them every night

3. Sounds quite normal for an officer! :)

4. Wait till you get to Battallion, you'll have them every day.. it's called war.

5. I was thinking, that sleep walking might result in a more efficient form of command than what i've heard some young subbies come out with!

6. Get your mates to strap you down to the bed at night.

Also, have you gone to see a priest about this as it is not normal? It sounds like you are possesed by a demon.

7. & shag you.

8. Bed wetting and peeing in other people’s lockers is frowned on as well!

:wink:

9. An easy solution to your problem is to drink yourself into a stupor before retiring each night.

It works for me!

P.S. Buy a waterproof mattress cover, you may find it useful.

10. Tried that last night. Worked a treat.

Need to follow your advice about the plastic cover. Also need to close the lid on the laundry basket :p