slection weekends

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by jimmybragg, May 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. going on a selection weekend in a few weeks and was wondering what i should expect i know about the fitness test and medical heard they play with your balls what im really wanting to know is how i should conduct myself really i know not to act a prat. what other stuff should i expect

cheers all

2. jimmy, dont worry. Be yourself. I work as part of the team in my unit on selection weekends. Your medical will be quite in depth and the fitness test is a run. Other stuff is for your info, rank lecture, Terms and conditions lecture, pay lecture and endless hours of attestation.

3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Depending on your age the medic may stick a finger up your hoop.
    Don't worry, it's quite a normal test and it's just to check your suitability for future training.

(If he takes a great interest in his finger afterwards you know the bloke is Dui-Lai)

4. Don't be afraid,he'll be gentle :twisted:

5. I seem to remember a "hoop inspection" for my Regular medical, but not for my TA medical a few years later - ?

Precisely what medical intelligence is to be gained from this anyway? Whilst I wouldn't say it had preoccupied me on a daily basis, I have always wondered.

6. just hope he has small fingers and has clipped his nails cheers all

7. Looking for evidence of prostate gland enlargement,More likely in older men normally only performed if there is blood in stool,or difficulty in urinating.(Unless you are undergoing a medical examination in America where it is routinely used for all conditions from dandruff to ingrowing toenails-US medics seem to like doing this 8O )

8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Let's face it, it's not just septic medics is it......?

9. Would make sense, but he did literally just "inspect it" - i.e. have a good look at the starfish itself, not poke around for the prostrate which I understand is up there somewhere. I was 16/17 at the time, too.

In the spirit of scientific enquiry, the qustion has been asked on the RAMC forum. The silence suggests that it probably is "just something they like to do", or indeed an assessment for broomstick capacity / previous contra-flow traffic.

10. If the medic puts both hands on your shoulders then you should try to think of England and grit your teeth. 8O