Sleaford....

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by No_Duff, Nov 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's possible that I will have to move to Sleaford, within the next 6 months or so. I have spent sometime goggling Sleaford and plan on doing a recce at some point.

If anyone lives, works or knows Sleaford could you post your views.

MOD's if this in the wrong place please move.

Ta.

2. no good if you like hill walking.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Don't try driving though it at rush hour or even worse, on a Saturday. The crossing point by Lidls (or is it Aldi? I can never remember which shop is there) is a nightmare (lights and crossing point controls are not linked)
    If charity shops are your thing then it's the place to do your shopping.

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Level crossing central on the railway, oh and you will struggle to find narrow width footwear!

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

It's a shit hole. Find somewhere else, seriously.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Plenty of free cauliflowers around.

7. Learn Polish. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Its not bad for a rural market town, there are better surrounding villages mind. Depends on your price range. You posted to Diggers?

9. Here you go ^_~ PARADE-GLOSS-POLISH-2.jpg

10. Lordy, Lordy, Lordy, NOT BAD!!! You need to change supplier, the stuff your smoking is rotten.

The only time I would associate Sleaford and the word good is in the sentence:

"Sleaford would be a good place for a nuclear testing area"

• Like Like x 4
  11. In Lincolnshire, I think that only Gainsborough is worse. But I could be wrong as there is a lot of competition.

12. Don't forget feckin' Grantham.

13. It's a yokel filled dump. So is Grantham. Leasingham's a bit nicer. Rouceby and Caythorpe are pretty nice semi-rural villages though, but property prices are eyewatering.

Traffic is shit, not helped by the level crossing and the near by stretches of A1 and a17 riveal the M25 for PITA.

14. Free ? Jarrod only if you steal them.. it dont matter if the farmer owns 120,000 acres of prime agricultural fen.. their still tighter than a gnats fanny.From time to time I do boot sales at Wisbech, I get chav mums, polish guys in shell suits with round heads like pumpkins, proper romany gypsies, you name it.. but its the john deere baseball hat wearing dungareed up cauliflower farmers that are the tightest.