SLC Courses and Leave

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by mortars_of_doom, Jan 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi,

    After some info from those in the know.

    I'm off on a course using SLC. I've put leave in to do the course, do I need to do this, or should I not do this?

    It prevents me claiming for travel/food too does it not? Is the part on the application where my boss signed to give me permition the authority I need, and not a leave pass?


  2. No one any thoughts?
  3. If the course can be claimed as "part of your personal development" then I would not have thought you would need to put in a leave pass.

    The Education Centre should be able to clarify this.
  4. What if I'd signed off? I've to do a short college cse to make up a knowledge shortfall for my new job.
  5. If you have signed off have you checked your Resettlement Entitlement? There may be days there you could use.
  6. Yeah its in addition to that. I'm using that for another course and doing this to top it up. Thanks for you help.
  7. I believe it is up to your boss to decide whether you can have extra time off but I expect using leave is correct. If you are in your resettlement phase, you may have a spare travel claim you could use along with your leave time.
    Ask your IERO staff this one