• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Slash Proof Hoodies

Clickity click

Dunno quite how much kevlar they are putting in, and how much protection its going to offer. Interesting scam, err gimmick, I mean product.

From Balderunner.tv
Approved & Endorsed by the legdendary Royce Gracie
This advanced technology helps transform the ordinary to the extraordinary combining high strength with light weight.

Disclaimer: Bladerunner clothing and products are provided and designed for protection use only, if any of our customers wish to misuse these goods other then for what they are intended for, Bladerunner.tv do not except any liability.

We do not condone violence, but provide products for protection.

Who is the legendary Royce Gracie?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
cometcatcher said:
Could make for some 'interesting' law suits when the little darlings start testing their new garb out....... Future Darwin award methinks? :clap:
What is needed here is someone to market some paper hoodies that provide NIJ Level III 'protection' under the brand name 'Community Service Hoodies'.

cometcatcher said:
According to Wikipedia, some sort of ultimate fighting numpty.
How very dare you, he's a legend in the MMA world.

If he's so bloody good, why is he endorcing kevlar cnut coats? surely he'd be better off just disarming the buggers.

PS. After this weekend I'm going to be endorcing slashproof underpants, nappies I think they are called. err, not that anything happened you understand....

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Trevelez said:
A blade into the femoral artery would seem to be in order if they're wearing their 'Kevlar hoodies'
Bet they won't be wearing kevlar chastity belts!

There was the case of one of Moss Side's finest who dressed himself up in all the body armour illegally laundered drugs money could buy and somebody shot him in the head.

That made me chuckle all day.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
mistersoft said:
There was the case of one of Moss Side's finest who dressed himself up in all the body armour illegally laundered drugs money could buy and somebody shot him in the head.

That made me chuckle all day.
Should have got the Kevlar bone-dome and ballistic eye-shields then. Hey-ho, never mind.

Is slashing the same as stabbing?

Next hoodie is getting it deep rather than striped

thegimp said:
Is slashing the same as stabbing?

Next hoodie is getting it deep rather than striped
Ask yourself that the next time you go for pish.

The problem is that chavs will buy this. The problem is that most deaths in knife crime are from stabbings, not slashings. These clothes will not protect against a stabbing attack. You need to have an anti stab vest, like the police have.

I also wondered why Royce Gracie was endorsing them, as he does brazilian ju-jitsu, surely a professional like him would know the difference between a stab and slash.

Ish

royce gracie is a legend in MMA there is no denying that. If sum1 offers you money to simply put ur name to a product i think most would do it. i have had the opportunity to use the bladerunner gloves in martial arts training and they are an awsome piece of kit so if the hoodie is on a par with them i reccon they could offer quite a gud bit of protection. i do think u cud probably do less harm by walkin round with a bulseye on ur back tho.lol. sum gang spots that logo on ur hoodie and well wat do you think theyre gunna try do??. Hi by the way. this is my 1st post. Stos.

theoriginalphantom said:
Who is the legendary Royce Gracie?
Don't just think about the 'Ultimate Fighting' stuff. He's one of the Brazilian Gracies, the 'fighting family' who founded Brazilian Ju-Jitsu and used to hold open entry no-holds-barred 'Vale Tudo' matches, with a large prize for anyone who could beat a Gracie. VERY few people did. His predecessor (grandfather?) Helio Gracie is now in his nineties and still trains and spars every day - reputedly still ahrd enough to be able to deck the younger Gracies too. Respect.

Royce dominated the early, more violent UFC matches and is one of the 4 people in the UFC Hall Of Fame. He's another total hard case.