Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Major_Catastrophe, Aug 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As I have recently found this place, and probably therefore also discovered that I am a 'civvy mong', could someone please enlighten me as to whether there is a section on this website (or link to somewhere else) to find out what the meaning of the slang that is used here is.

Some is of course is quite easy to work out even on a first reading, a good example being something like, 'up her hoop'! However, not all slang is so easy to understand as an outsider (or walt as I might be called, which I am not by the way). Biscuit/s seems to be a tough one.

Does such a place exist on here for the less well educated to get themselves educated. Can someone point in the right direction please? (obviously expecting a torrent of 'yeah, fcuk off from here'
  2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

3. Arrsepedia is a good place to start. Phrases like 'up her hoop' are usually deciphered using google.
  4. or here...

and for acronyms try here:

When I first moved to the UK, I struggled with the vernacular but I found if I did less talking and more listening, I picked it up much faster. Perhaps you might want to spend more time reading on here than posting until you are familar with the site's features as well as getting a schmeck of what squaddie humour and banter is all about. There will be less tears...both on your ass and from your eyes.
  5. I do not think I have made an excessive amount of posts in comparison to the amount of reading I have done. I asked a reasonable question I believe and cited myself as a mong upfront for asking it.

They'll be no tears from me.
  6. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)