Slalom Canoeing...Olympic SILVER!! Flat water GOLD & bronze.

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Riabright, Aug 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Campbell Walsh goes in the Men's K1 Slalom Kayak TODAY.
    ( Tues Aug 12.) Semi-final, then final, from 8am. (bst)

Campbell won silver last time in Athens, & has a real chance of going one better. :D

David Florence is also competing in the C1.
  2. Always cheer on Campbell not cause he is a fellow jock but we were in the same Kayaking club when we were younger.

He was just a wee bit better!
  3. I remember him as a little boy. :D I used to see him at slaloms at Grandtully & Fairnilee. I went through Div. 2 with his sister Kimberley.

Did you do slalom too?
  4. That I did with CR CATS.

Only got to Div 3 though.
  5. Starts right now, Freeview 301.
  6. David Florence has just won SILVER for GB in the C1. :D :D :D

Campbell Walsh didn't make the final having taken the, er, scenic route round gate 8 in the semi's...... :(
  7. Todays slalom canoeing has been cancelled until tomorrow due to stormy weather. ( Consider this - they use carbon fibre paddles......these conduct electricity.......lightening storm....... :eek: hence postponed to prevent fried canoeists. :twisted: )

Women's K1 & C2 Semi's & finals from 8am, bst, tomorrow. (Aug 15 )
    No British interest, although Heather Corrie is from Manchester, but now competes for USA.
  8. ...and his parents have just been struck by lightening!

I personally feel that we're doing quite well in the canoeing... no of them have gone missing yet :roll:

I'll get my coat...
  9. Having spent many years taking the p*ss out of flat water canoeists, ( as a slalom paddler 8) ) I'm happy to report Tim Brabants has won a gold for GB in flat water K1. :D ( Our first ever for canoeing.)
    Has a chance of winning another too.
  10. He's just won bronze too. :D