Slagging off our ceremony

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FNUSNU, Aug 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They’re just jealous.

2. Never heard of it. Won't lose any sleep over it.

3. Opening ceremony - weird/crap

Closing ceremony - just crap

Bit in between - fuckin awesome

The pattern shows that when you've got the money making egos doing their thing, it's crap and makes the country look like a bunch of *****. When you've got the athletes doing their thing, it's mega and makes us look really good.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Makes me want to kill a fluffy kitten.

5. We are the Mods, we are the Mods, we are we are we are the Mods!... Thas bit was the highlight of the entire show ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Strange just read the New York Times and they loved it.

7. Enda thought the whole thing was fecking lovely, "deepening Anglo-Irish ties" he didn't even mention all the Irish athletes symbolically become part of a big feck-off Union Jack at the end. I imagine Dev is rotating in his grave and Gerry has had to have a little lie down. Which is nice.

• Like Like x 4
  8. So did the Washington Post, the Australian, El Pais and every other "real" newspaper I've read.

9. I don't think the opinion of one gobshite American is going to get even an outrage milkfloat going.

10. I see you have your cynical hat on again this morning, Bill Hanstock !

What a sad little place Hanstock World must be!

11. Before anyone gets the outrage bus into first gear, I think we might have a headline: Septics in irony shock.

12. The opening/closing ceremonies are fundamentally everything that you would expect when you combine national hubris with a limitless budget of other people's money; a tasteless festival of appalling tackiness that ends up competing with Aldershot in an additional Olympic event to decide which is more camp.

If they ever decide to hold a Gay Games, it is hard to see how they could top it... short of HRH Prince Edward singing Barbra Streisand's greatest hits whilst dressed in a basque and high heels.

13. Just an idiot who probably supports the IRA thinking they are nice innocent cuddly people.

14. I only watched one thing and that was the opening ceremony.
    No interest in it to expensive