Slackers On Line

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Dale the snail, Mar 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dad, sorry to post this in the wake of We Did This but the "Slackers on Line" at the bottom of the page is wrecking my head.

I know it's in alphabetical order, but not in a straight list like it used to be at the side of the page, so you can see who is here.

Am I being pedantic here?

Or are the drugs getting to me?
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Cleans up the left hand side but plays merry buggery with my eyes trying to see if people I know are here or not.

Prefer it the old way.
  3. You can't say "old way", the newbies get annoyed.

You can, however say "merry buggery", I also thought I needed Specsavers.

Dad, make some old people happy......... I hate change...
  6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I hate it as well.

If you don't want to know who is in, don't scroll down. Simple.

If you DO want to know who is in, this new list results in migrane.
  7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Must admit that I'm not a great fan either.
  8. Makes my eyes bleed too - much more difficult to use. If there's a good reason why it has to be at the bottom of the page, then why not arrange the names in several short columns?
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Don't worry - it's not staying that way. I'm working on reformatting the front page so that it's not so cluttered and easier to work out for new folk so am chopping things around at home, but that list is the one thing that I can't test on my own PC. The end result will probably be a 3 columned affair and will probably happen within the next couple of days. Meantime stop whinging!
  10. Seems like somebody fixing something that ain't broke.

For me, one column is fine, as I have a scroll wheel on my mouse - and I'm not afraid to use it. :)
  11. did like the old way with the straight top to bottom list....

now theres no list,,,help....
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

That column won't be there in the future as I want to make the last posts wide, have only a menu in the header rather than a duplicate which only confuses things. Like I said please bear with it for the moment. Thanks for the help though.

Also these things don't work instantly. It's offline for a short while as it screws the formatting up. I'm sure you'll survive for half an hour without it.
  13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Just to keep the wolves at bay, this is how it will be:
  14. yep that looks ok,,, need it now..
  15. Can the names be alphabetical down the columns, rather than across them? And the numbers match the alphabetical order?

You probably have this in hand already, but just in case....