Slack weapons drills thread - Why was this holed?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by EX_STAB, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The slack weapons drills thread was a serious thread on a serious topic. There might have been a few jocular remarks but the thread served a useful purpose as a discussion point for addressing poor weapons handling, a serious matter that affects everyone serving and a good number of us who no longer serve.

There was no justification for holing this thread, it is the most unjustified use of MOD powers I've seen since I registered.

2. You're kidding me? Really?

3. The "bring back flashy" saga came close but I can see no justification for this at all.

It's a serious topic. What was the problem?

4. No idea, I didn't bin it - I was just amazed that it outraged you that much.

Hang loose, homey!

5. Its cruel to tease the kids!

6. msr

msr LE

It had ceased to be of relevance in the TA forum - by the time we are talking about painting the base of a live round black and sticking it in a cadet rifle the discussion has disintegrated.

msr

7. Feel free to come back when you have an intelligent and constructive remark to make.

8. So if it was in the TA Forum, why is this thread in The Int Cell?

[​IMG]

;)

9. Thanks for a proper answer. I think the idea of painting a live round black would have been subjected to suitable condemnation fairly shortly. Perhaps the topic could be relocated to training?

10. Holed by me.

Is this the most unjustified abuse of Mod powers yet??

After you with that rather natty piccie Prox :D

And I think the topic ended up where it deserved , before people shot themselves in the foot.

Oh I slay me :D

11. Behave yourself will you! Lighten up - Start a new thread - and don't cry over spilt milk!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.