Skype phone...

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by ViolentBadger, Oct 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. er...if I were, so to speak, make a phone call using skype would anyone, not that I'm worried you understand, be able to trace the call back to my computer. Not that I have made a call, obviously ......right, glad thats cleared up then.

2. I'd imagine, like every internet transaction, there would be a trace. When you set up your account it would register your IP address, ISP, email address, etc. How easy it is to track back depends on the technical nouse available. Your average punter, maybe not so easy - Scotland Yard could probably crack it in their tea-break.

You've not been onto that ladyboy again have you? It'll only end in tears, you know...

3. Ha Ha, fucking brilliant.....I mean Oh really how interesting

4. The call would have been logged, either at Skype or the victim/friends end on their phone.

Where you on t'interweb at home?? You might have a few hundred guys dressed in black crashing through your balcony...

5. Was it some tit asking to be your friend? I tell them to fcuk off all the time.

6. Not exactly, more as I understand it, not being there when the call, if there was one, was made, sort of a sykpe phone call from my computer to a mobilephone

7. As long as no-one died. I'm sure it'll all be forgotten about in the morning. If anyone asks, you were drunk.

8. Right, understood :D

9. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I can be your alibi.

For a reasonable fee. That is, if there was a call made, which there probably wasn't, and it could be traced, which it probably can't. Anyway you were with me and the Master of ................ at .................. and we were in company of Chief Inspector........................and Lord...............

For full details and names filled in, please send cheque to me.

10. It would only be tracked through Skype. Your IP address isn't reliable since you can use Skype while roaming on a WiFi network like The Cloud. If you use SkypeOut then the number will be stored, if you contact another user direct then their Skype identity will be stored. Sorry. I don't get out much.

11. If the call went to a Mobile then there is every chance that it was "examined" for trigger words i.e. Rucksack, fertiliser, gat, Maddie; all the sort of things that you normally chat about in a telephone call.
    All calls to Mobiles in this country and to Mobiles abroad have been monitored for some time-allegedly

12. By the Lizard people, bonzo?

13. I'm told that they're living in Fylingdales these days

14. Good man, you can have first dibs on my Llama.