Bought this today not an expensive one £20, Logitech: internet voice chat.

Plugged into laptop, " you just plugged a device into audio jack" message appears.( 2 jacks, no markings/colours)
Play music no problem good stereo sound.
Microphone zilch, it is switched on, volume on lead is on 50%.

Operating windows 7 with realtek HD audio manager.

Without instructions to refer to, i assume it is the jack position, but none of the combinations seem to give h/phone+mic, any ideas

top port= headphone
centre= line in
bottom= mic

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
the microphone may well be on, but have you actually enabled it through control panel? this drove me bloody crazy a while back with an MS webcam/mike I'd bought and it turned out I hadnt selected it on one very obsucre area of the CP.

i will try having a look, obscure??

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
yeah, it wasnt the obvious place, check **everything** - sounds/speech recognition anything that might be connected to it. I also have a seperate section for the sound card on my CP, all these needed to be enabled for it to work. drove me bloody crazy.

Start -> Control Panel -> Sound

Make sure you have the right defaults selected.

msr

Start -> Control Panel -> Sound

Make sure you have the right defaults selected.

msr
Thanks fella's as directed, then into the Realtek HD control panel, enable selected devices 1. speakers/phones.2. microphone, bloody hell what happened to plug and play?? i could have been going around in a bloody circle for a week, not realising that you have to enable BOTH aspects of the device.. muchas gracias.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks fella's as directed, then into the Realtek HD control panel, enable selected devices 1. speakers/phones.2. microphone, bloody hell what happened to plug and play?? i could have been going around in a bloody circle for a week, not realising that you have to enable BOTH aspects of the device.. muchas gracias.
realtek - sounds like you have a similar MB to mine. glad you sorted it. that was exactly what was winding me up - this MS webcam advertised itself as fully plug n'play. grr. ah well, you learn.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weissbier The Intelligence Cell 7
Blind_Pew Gaming and Software 2
Forces_Sweetheart Finance, Property, Law 9