Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by revmodes, Jan 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bought this today not an expensive one £20, Logitech: internet voice chat.

Plugged into laptop, " you just plugged a device into audio jack" message appears.( 2 jacks, no markings/colours)
    Play music no problem good stereo sound.
    Microphone zilch, it is switched on, volume on lead is on 50%.

Operating windows 7 with realtek HD audio manager.

Without instructions to refer to, i assume it is the jack position, but none of the combinations seem to give h/phone+mic, any ideas

top port= headphone
    centre= line in
    bottom= mic
  2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

the microphone may well be on, but have you actually enabled it through control panel? this drove me bloody crazy a while back with an MS webcam/mike I'd bought and it turned out I hadnt selected it on one very obsucre area of the CP.
  3. i will try having a look, obscure??
  4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

yeah, it wasnt the obvious place, check **everything** - sounds/speech recognition anything that might be connected to it. I also have a seperate section for the sound card on my CP, all these needed to be enabled for it to work. drove me bloody crazy.
  5. msr

msr LE

Start -> Control Panel -> Sound

Make sure you have the right defaults selected.

6. Thanks fella's as directed, then into the Realtek HD control panel, enable selected devices 1. speakers/phones.2. microphone, bloody hell what happened to plug and play?? i could have been going around in a bloody circle for a week, not realising that you have to enable BOTH aspects of the device.. muchas gracias.
  7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

realtek - sounds like you have a similar MB to mine. glad you sorted it. that was exactly what was winding me up - this MS webcam advertised itself as fully plug n'play. grr. ah well, you learn.