skydiving sisters for H4H

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by alb395, Mar 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to advertise my fundraising page, I am aware most of you will have already made many contributions to Help for Heroes as have I, but even if you dont fancy donating on my page, if there is any chance of people passing on my justgiving address or spread the word that i am trying to raise money I would be very appreciative. I have been raising money off line at work, but there is only so much you can do and most the Regiment are away. I have basically been adding a link to as many web pages as posible, in the hope that the more people that see the page then the better the chances of making or beating my target amount.

The web address is www.justgiving.com/skydivingsisters

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and should anyone require any further information please do not hesitate to ask.

2. Well I kind of figured that from the lack of response I have had from this, that there are very few people out there keen to donate money for a Charity that works wonders for our Troops, If it makes you feel any better, i managed to get donations of the RAF of all people, a mate of mine joined the RAF for some reason, think he got in the wrong queue at the careers office, anyway more to the point if the RAF can go out of their way and donate over a hundred quid cash in one NAAFI break, surely i can get some of you army guys donating a little bit.

Enough said, i just think i am not the only one who has lost friends and seen my friends injured overseas know that every little bit counts.

Thats my last say now, and i wont beg, i just thought i would give it one last chance.

again the web address is

www.justgiving.com/skydivingsisters.

Thank you

3. Actually there are a lot of people on here (myself included) who donate constantly to many charities that support our Armed Forces. Unfortunately, your request is just one of many and so I am afraid you probably won't get much of a response.

... and my son is currently out in Afghanistan but I'm not crying into my soup.

4. Wow,

Very sorry i had not meant any offence by my last post, i am genuinely trying to do a good thing for what i feel is a worthwhile charity. Also if you had read the first post you would have read that i was quite obviously aware that you probably all donate to charity and are asked very often to do so which was why i asked not just for donations but also if people may be able to spread the word.

I hope your son stays safe in afghan and again, sorry for offending you, just working with the theory that if you dont ask then you dont get.

5. I don't think you've offended anyone. Best of luck and I hope you raise the sum you want.