Skydiver to jump from edge of space in record bid

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by CrashTestDummy, Feb 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The RAF must be hopping mad, just as the presenter talks about RAF fighter pilots and the pressure chamber the cameraman zooms in on the crab blue jumper to reveal (00:43 and 00:50) ....

BBC News - Skydiver to jump from edge of space in record bid

AAC wings! I bet the RAF PR machine office's phones must have been red hot after seeing this on the breakfast news, I noticed that the piece shown for the rest of the day has been edited to remove that particular shot.

Love it. :-D
  2. Spotted that this morning, and had a wry chuckle. Oddly, the AFB-issue hasn't made it to PPRuNe.

3. Bronze cajones.
  4. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

he will deserve a nice badge if he is successful.
  5. Only one though.
  6. So its a balloon jump then? Meh
  7. I wonder how long it will take to drop that far? I should imagine that it will be B. boring until the last few metres
  8. ^ and if there's a problem with his canopy, those last few seconds could be really exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so I should probably be working....
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The hat cunt. He should try lobbing out of a Hercules at 800ft carrying nearly 200lb of kit, equipment and parachutes, with 80 odd other cunts trying to get out at the same time. I might even try it myself one day if an aircraft is available!

In fact, I don't think I will. It's shit.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. It's not the jump thats the problem, it's the sudden deceleration that worries most people.

11. Try that? Don't be daft thats why we have soldiers with those nice purple hats , so we don't have to do that. Much better to go to war on a sleek grey war canoe with adequate sunbathing deck space.

Regarding the chap jumping from the edge of space, where's he planning to land? He'd make a fooking big splash if he lands in the oggin
  12. All that to get a record deal?
  13. - and all the Red Bull he can drink
  14. The man`s a fucking loon, but good luck to him.
  15. I would hate to see where he lands. The drift would be mind boggling.