Skydiver Forgets Parachute

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by DingDangDoo, Jun 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Only in America could someone be this dumb!

Link

2. one thousand! 2 thousand! Check......oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....thud ;)

3. Is the camera footage on YouTube yet?

4. I believe I can fly...........................

Coat taxi......

5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Lucily Cuddles' dog found him

[​IMG]

6. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Good entry for this years Darwin Awards

7. GERRONI.........FARK!

I wonder how many times he said to himself "I shouldn't have done that, should I?"

8. I'm pretty sure he did it over and over again for the rest of his life.

T C

9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttcccccccccccccchhhhhhhhh
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Bounce,Bounce,thud :D

10. Got to be suicide.

11. One of the finest Emporer Mongs announcements "go on follow them"

Stilts

12. Oh, give the guy a break, it can happen to anyone :oops:

Attached Files:

13. The article linked to this is a very recent one but I'm sure I remember reading about someone else doing exactly the same thing a couple of years ago..any one else remember that..unless the article refers to the previous incident....

I've done quite a good few jumps myself and I don't mind admitting that I hated every single one (at least until the canopy opened and i could see there were no high twists)...but one thing was for sure...I obsessively carried out equipment checks dozens of times before the red light came on!!!

Poor stupid bugger!!! RIP

14. Wasn't that the ex Them guy that wrote a book called 'Freefall' about his descent(pun intended) into mental illness. He trained with Russian Cosmonauts at Star City in Russia in an attempt to complete the highest descent by parachute, although the attempt never actually came off. He also flipped out and tried to murder his girlfriend (I think he was sectioned)
    I recall he was in a Cessna 3 or 4 years back, and just decided to bail out sans parachute A sad end for a fascinating man.

15. What a bizarre coincidence! :D