Skydiver Forgets Parachute

C

cloudbuster

GERRONI.........FARK!

I wonder how many times he said to himself "I shouldn't have done that, should I?"

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttcccccccccccccchhhhhhhhh
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Bounce,Bounce,thud :D

The article linked to this is a very recent one but I'm sure I remember reading about someone else doing exactly the same thing a couple of years ago..any one else remember that..unless the article refers to the previous incident....

I've done quite a good few jumps myself and I don't mind admitting that I hated every single one (at least until the canopy opened and i could see there were no high twists)...but one thing was for sure...I obsessively carried out equipment checks dozens of times before the red light came on!!!

Poor stupid bugger!!! RIP

legal_eagle said:
The article linked to this is a very recent one but I'm sure I remember reading about someone else doing exactly the same thing a couple of years ago..any one else remember that..unless the article refers to the previous incident....

I've done quite a good few jumps myself and I don't mind admitting that I hated every single one (at least until the canopy opened and i could see there were no high twists)...but one thing was for sure...I obsessively carried out equipment checks dozens of times before the red light came on!!!

Poor stupid bugger!!! RIP
Wasn't that the ex Them guy that wrote a book called 'Freefall' about his descent(pun intended) into mental illness. He trained with Russian Cosmonauts at Star City in Russia in an attempt to complete the highest descent by parachute, although the attempt never actually came off. He also flipped out and tried to murder his girlfriend (I think he was sectioned)
I recall he was in a Cessna 3 or 4 years back, and just decided to bail out sans parachute A sad end for a fascinating man.

Heard of similar a couple of years back about an instructor who was so concerned to get his video right he went out without a chute. They say that the video is spectacular but you don't want to see the last 100ft.

Still falling never hurt anyone, the ground does though.

The latest from United Press Int'l:

The good parts:

Sloan Carafello, 29, of Schenectady, N.Y. struck a house, splitting his body in two, just before 2 p.m. Saturday, the Albany (N.Y.) Times-Union reported Sunday

The videographer filmed as Carafello fell and Carafello took pictures of himself while falling, Rawlins said.
"It wasn't an accident," Rawlins told the Schenectady Gazette. "He committed suicide."

Latest Threads